Author Topic: Help! Can't get my 10 week daughter to take naps  (Read 845 times)

Offline Kusens

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Help! Can't get my 10 week daughter to take naps
« on: December 15, 2006, 16:21:37 pm »
She fights napping all day.  I know that she is tired when she yawns so I put her in her pack in play and she will either cry or stay awake for an hour.  If I put her in her swing she will fall asleep. Help

Offline hawkeye1315

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Help! Can't get my 10 week daughter to take naps
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 19:32:11 pm »
Could you post your routine? 

My LO had trouble napping at that age too.  I tracked his "routine" for a week and then reviewed it.  I noticed that I was giving his to much activity time for his age and needed to start his wind down earlier.  For my LO, he needed me to prep him for sleep before he actually yawned. 

Offline Southernbelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
  • Mom to three beautiful kids!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 01:15:16 am »
I agree with PP.  At this age, my little spirited DD, was very sensitive to too much A time.  She really couldn't do much more than 45 mins from awake to back to sleep.  If I waited too long she would be overtired and just play.  She actually still acts like that when I miss her window of sleepiness.  Today I got home 30 mins after her nap time and she proceeded to play for an hour in her crib.  I also agree with writing down her schedule for a few days to see a pattern.  Also, does she sleep in PnP or in her bedroom?  I would suggest getting a nap routine set up in the room that she sleeps at night.  Make it dark and not too much stimulation.  Swaddling at this age can really help with naps and bedtime too.  My DD would keep herself awake by swinging her arms around....way too stimulating for her at the time.  Let us know how it goes!
Lora
5 yrs, 3 yrs, 7 months

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 20:16:13 pm »
Please have a read of this:

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=62025.0

It's all about teaching sleep to newborns, and I think it can really help you. Also, if you could post your routine, that would help us to help you.
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston