Author Topic: How much activity time for 12 week old?  (Read 1042 times)

Offline hoosiermama

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • Moms of little boys work from son up to son down.
How much activity time for 12 week old?
« on: December 16, 2006, 20:49:52 pm »
My DS2 will be 12 weeks old tomorrow.  How long should I expect him to be awake?  He is usually awake for anywhere from 45 min. to an hour and a half.  Should he be able to stay awake longer? 

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: How much activity time for 12 week old?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 03:14:05 am »
If he's doing well with his current routine, then I would go with it.  45-90 minutes of A time sounds normal to me though.  There's so much variation at this age that as long as it seems to be working for you and him it's ok.  You can check out the sample EASY routines in the EASY forum if you're looking for some examples of others' routines.  I always found them very helpful to look at.  (Of course at this age, once you get used to something they go and change it on you  ::) )

Offline Qaytbey

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 10:38:33 am »
Sounds reasonable to me!  That's the great thing about EASY, it gives you a basic structure but has loads of inbuilt flexibility.  Aside from feed times (currently every 3-3.5 hours), I more-or-less follow her lead with the timing/duration of A and S.  She plays until she is tired (when she starts to get grumpy and disinterested anyway) and then has a nap. 

By letting her "sort out the details", as it were, she has a routine that she is happy with and has no problem following.  We do have the odd hiccough though  ::)

Offline Lucas & Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Houston, we have a problem!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 11:21:05 am »
agree with pp's and especially the part about inbuilt flexibility - read the cues and if he's tired, the put him down - remember the A time gets longer as they get older so enjoy the Y time whilst you can LOL :)
Emma T x