Author Topic: is 5.45/6am too early to start the day?  (Read 1083 times)

Offline motherofpearl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 19, 2006, 01:17:08 am »
hi all
my pearl is 4 months and we are preaty much doing 3 hr to 3.5 hr easy it changes every day even some days 4 hrs. not sure how to stick to a time some days day sleeps are longer than others.
dd has had a cold so her day sleeps have been not great and taking an hour to settle at bed time. but is sleeping through at night.7.30pm to 5.45am. :D
i used to wake her at 6.30am to start the day. this was when she had a feed at 3.30 or 4am.
but do i just start the day at 5.45am?do i give her A time after this feed or back to bed? she can really only stay up 1.5 hrs which means she has had 2 x1.5 sleeps by lunch time. is this ok?does this make bed time 6.30 pm?

also dd has had a cold. stuffy nose and a cough.has anyone else found this to make lo unsetled.is it normal for her day sleeps to be alittle off?

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: is 5.45/6am too early to start the day?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 20:42:28 pm »
Hi and welcome to the boards  ;D

Colds can definitely affect sleep.  My DS has just gotten over his cold and his sleep was terrible.  He was waking nearly every hour as he just could not settle himself and get comfortable.

I would definitely try to stick to a routine throughout the day i.e. 3.5 hour to 4 hour - which ever one your lo is used to.

If your lo wakes so early in the morning and has a feed - is she tired?  When our DS woke at 5:30 we would treat this as a night feed and put him straight back to bed and start the day when he woke up.  This worked great for us, as it meant that he usually slept until at least 8:00am.

It is really up to you how you want to do it.  If your lo is happy with this routine, then by all means stick to it, if not, then you can work on changing it.

Keep us posted on what you decide and how you get on.
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline motherofpearl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 21:19:48 pm »
thanks for the reply.
this morning she woke at 4am fed really well straight back to sleep.woke at 7.30am.great
is it ok to be slightly diferent everday? i seem to be stressing about these thing when maybe i just need to chill out. especially as she has had a cold. :o

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 21:29:42 pm »
Yes, if she has a cold, I would not worry too much about when she wakes etc.

When she is better, I would then concnetrate on setting a time for you both to get up.

Hope she feels better soon.
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007