Author Topic: 11 week old wakes all night!! please help-need sleep!  (Read 809 times)

Offline mvporter

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
11 week old wakes all night!! please help-need sleep!
« on: December 19, 2006, 15:34:40 pm »
My 11 week old in the past two weeks or so has become a horrible sleeper! First of all she moved her bedtime back from 9:45 to 8:00 which is good. However she was sleeping 9:45 until 3:30 or 4:00 and then 4:00 until 6:00. Now she sleeps 8:00 until sometimes 12:00 sometimes 12:30 and sometime 1:30. Last night she woke up at 12:45 and she went right back to sleep with a few minutes of help (she was not hungry as we did dreamfeed her at 10:30) Then she woke again at 2:30 and we fed her. Then again at 3:30 and again at 4:30. Finally we said forget it and put her in her swing for the rest of the night- which of course she slept in until 8:30. The dreamfeed does not seem to work for us. She also does not nap well during the day. we are working so hard on it but I am at work and my husband is at home for a week or two and is working on it. But she goes to daycare in two weeks and I do not foresee the nap thing dealt with by then.
She is breastfed on one side and usually eats around 20-30 minutes. When she wakes she does just cry a little and when we go to her and soothe her she usually goes right back down. Are these nightwakings caused by her lack of napping? I am sure they are but just need some help. We are exhausted and it is reallytaking a toll on us!!! She is usually in a great mood in the morning and plays so well all day but just won't nap but for 30 minutes at at time. HELP!!!

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: 11 week old wakes all night!! please help-need sleep!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 18:34:53 pm »
Dreamfeeds don't always work, and can sometimes make things worse. You might consider just stopping the DF and clusterfeeding in the evening instead.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o