Author Topic: could you check our routine, nearly 7 months old  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Sylvia.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 232
could you check our routine, nearly 7 months old
« on: December 19, 2006, 23:39:53 pm »
lucy is doing really well took us a long time to get here, sleeps well in the day and sleeps all night, sometimes wakes but we never have to go into her, does have early wakes mostly

lucy wakes between 6am and 7am

bf and solids

never down before 8.30 am, if wakes at closer to 7am down at 9.00am - should i stretch her here till 2 1/2 hours?

sleeps 2 hours i always have to wake her - should i?

solids and bf

down around 1pm never later - should i make sure she is awake at least 2 1/2 hours

sleeps mostly two hour, mostly have to wake her, sometime but rarely 90 minutes - should i let her sleep this much?

solids bf

cat nap can be as late as 5.30/5.45 for 20-40 minutes mostly in pram or car

bed at 7.30/40

my question is that the cat nap is getting later and later, what do i do with her night time sleep push this back later or should i start stretching  a times and dropping the cat nap?

just when everything seems so right, i need to play with her schedule

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: could you check our routine, nearly 7 months old
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 00:10:52 am »
Quote from: RUSSYL
lucy is doing really well took us a long time to get here, sleeps well in the day and sleeps all night, sometimes wakes but we never have to go into her, does have early wakes mostly

SYLVIA!! I am so pleased to see this!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

My suggestion would be to work on dropping the cat nap and stretch A times a touch to compensate. But if it works better for her to push it back until it's meshed with bedtime that's fine too.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline Sylvia.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 00:20:05 am »
thanks for the quick reply i really appreciate it

when you say, "push it back until it's meshed with bedtime" do you mean it is okay for her to be catnapping late? say after 6pm, do i let her do a long 40 minute catnap or just a quick 20 minute cat nap, and how long do i let her stay awake after the cat nap? could she just be awake for an hour? or do i have to put her down closer to 8pm which is about 30 minutes later than normal?

sorry for all these question, i lent my book out and do not have the heart to ask for it back

« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 00:35:45 am by RUSSYL »

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 00:54:52 am »
hmmm... I didn't quite make the connection before that the catnap was 5:30ish and bedtime is 7:30ish. Personally I would reduce the time of the catnap then until it's gone. I definitely wouldn't change her bedtime though - it sounds like you found the magic time.

I hope this makes sense, I seem to be having trouble finding the right words for my thoughts today.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline *Mona*

• Showing Appreciation 144
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 08:31:31 am »
Sylvia, I agree with Jessica that you can start cutting her catnap down and leave bedtime at the same time as it is now BUT it can also happen so that if your dd finally drops her catnap you will have to move her bedtime a bit earlier temporarily.
when we dropped the catnap it took my dd some 2 to 3 weeks to get used to her new routine [2 2 hour naps :) , no catnap] and now she's pushed her bedtime even forward. but it may take some time.
so I suggest you try dropping the catnap gradually and just respond to your dd's needs. she'll let you know what she needs.

beside that, you routine looks great :D

monika
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)

Offline Katie

• Showing Appreciation 99
    • Franzone Family Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 12:24:50 pm »
hey sylvia... so glad to hear lucy is going great  ;D ;D  just wanted to let you knoe aliera still has 2 X 2 hour day sleeps and sometimes still a 30min catnap from 5.15 - 5.45  (always up by 6) and goes to bed at 7.30pm without fail... hope this helps  :)  We are cutting out the catnap but if she gets grotty I put her in her cot where she happily plays for 20mins... it's like her own little aliera time which makes me laugh cause shes grumpy out with us (around 5) then we put her in her cot and she just babbles to herself!!!! 

Katie x

Offline Sylvia.

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 00:35:17 am »
thanks katie that help, especially that i have met aliera so i can really relate, i might start following you around

thanks monika i sill watch lucy very closely, your reply is appreciated

sylvia

Offline Katie

• Showing Appreciation 99
    • Franzone Family Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 02:28:58 am »
your welcome  :-*  we should definatly catch up in the new year when all the craziness settles down   :)