Author Topic: Need a new routine badly, don't know how to fix  (Read 670 times)

Offline MGardner

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Need a new routine badly, don't know how to fix
« on: December 20, 2006, 15:16:38 pm »
My DS is 8 months, we have followed Tracy's EASY since birth. But starting at 6 months he went from 3 naps to 2 naps on his own and we have had a great non-EASY schedule since then:
7:00 wake and bottle 6oz
8:00 cereal and fruit
9:30 - 11:30 nap
11:30 bottle 5-6oz
12:30 lunch veggies and fruit
2:30-4 (sometimes 4:30) nap
4:00/4:30 bottle (usually only 4oz)
5:00 dinner pureed meat and veggies
7:00 bath, bottle, bed
But for the past month it doesn't seem to be working for us any longer. He refuses to take the last bottle before bed, he will take it about 1 night out of 5 I would say. The nights he takes it he sleeps thru till 7am, the nights he doesn't he usually wakes sometime between 3a-5:30a and I give him 2oz. He used to sleep thru consistently when he would take this bottle each night. We have tried taking out the 11:30 bottle and moving the 4:00 bottle down to 2:30p but he started nightwaking multiple times (I tried for one full week but continued to wake during the night for feeds). So I went back to this original schedule. I tried taking out the 4p bottle but he still won't take the bottle at 7p and then takes even less calories than with the original schedule. I suspect that he is filling up on solids at dinner as he is eating more and more solids now. He will never take a bottle unless he is really hungry. I can't move dinner any earlier because that is the earliest time we get home from work and can get him fed each night. So I was thinking that instead of the bottle at 4p to wait and do a bottle at 5p instead of dinner, then do dinner at 6:00 or 6:30...and no bottle before bed. we would only be offering 3 bottles per day but perhaps he would take more each bottle. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: Need a new routine badly, don't know how to fix
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 21:58:25 pm »
Have you tried cutting down on the solids before bed?  You could try offering less and see if this helps for your lo to take his night time bottle?

From the looks of it, your lo is filling up to omjuch on his dinner, and then is not interested in his night time bottle.

Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007