Author Topic: 7 Month old waking suddenly. Won't go back to sleep!!!  (Read 1407 times)

Offline meredithandnolan

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
7 Month old waking suddenly. Won't go back to sleep!!!
« on: December 20, 2006, 21:28:34 pm »
Nolan used to be a great sleeper.  We put him down at around 7:30 every night and he USED to sleep until 6:30.  Life was good. 

For the last week he has been waking up during the night, and it is really hard to get him back down.  He's been waking at different times of the night, which leads me to think it could be because he's hungry.  I've tried to resist giving him a bottle, but that seems to be the only thing to get him back down.  And he sucks the bottle down too, 8 whole ounces.  So I really think he's just hungry.  The thing is, nothing has really changed.  He gets 3 meals of solids a day, and 4: 8 ounces bottles.  One thing he has been doing that is strange over the past couple days is his 3rd feeding he only takes about 3-4 ounces.  Not sure why, day care just says he won't take it.

When he wakes up at night it is all of a sudden, and he cries, not just whines.  When I walk in he looks at me and giggles.  It's almost like he just wants the attention, and then doesn't want to be left alone.  If that is the case then I really don't know what to do, because I can't stand just to let him cry. 

So what do you think...hungry or wants attention???  Please help!  I haven't had much sleep in the last week or so.

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
Re: 7 Month old waking suddenly. Won't go back to sleep!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 22:57:29 pm »
Can it be growth spurt? Your LO is more mobile now and needs more energy. If your LO drains the whole bottle, I would say he's hungry. Try to feed him more during the day.... maybe add 1 oz to his bottles and see how it goes.

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: 7 Month old waking suddenly. Won't go back to sleep!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 19:20:15 pm »
Definitely sounds like he's hungry for sure.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o