Author Topic: Trying Neocate again!  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Fenella

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: December 21, 2006, 14:04:12 pm »
Luke has been suffering from reflux symptoms since he was a couple of weeks old.  We tried nutramigen and saw a minor improvement.  No longer puking 3-4 hrs later just immediatly after.  When we first saw consultant he moved us to neocate but after a few days things hadn't improved at all.  Saw him again today and he wants us to try it again for 4 weeks  as he thinks that as he throws up so long after a feed it would point to allergy.  Has anyone else had similar experience?  I normally post on the reflux board but i guess you guys would have more idea about this one.

Mum to Jack 16.09.03
Mum to Luke 20.06.06

Offline momofthreecuties

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 20:54:32 pm »
My little guy was on nutramigen and now neocate.  There was a slight improvement with neocate, but we needed to find the right combo of formula and meds.  Once we started him on prevacid AND neocate, we saw a decent change.  He still spits up a TON, but it's better than it used to be.  Since nothing really made him totally comfortable (it seemed that every change made him better for 2 weeks, then he went back to being uncomfortable and puking again), we started to see a chiropractor and that helped a lot, too.  Just a thought if nothing else is working!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Trying Neocate again!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 20:21:50 pm »
Neocate can definitely take 2-4 weeks (or longer) to really work as it takes time for all the milk proteins to clear out of the system and for the gut to heal. Has he been tested for delayed gastric empyting if he's throwing up so long after feeds?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01