Author Topic: What to do during milestones?  (Read 840 times)

Offline Meggie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
What to do during milestones?
« on: December 22, 2006, 03:18:45 am »
Kaitlyn just turned 6 months, and things have rapidly changed for her.  In one day (2 days ago), she cut her first tooth, was moved to a 2 times/day solid food and got her vaccinations.  Just today she rolled over for the first time.  I am positive that this is the cause of her more frequent night wakings.  How do you handle the night wakings due to all of this?  We have been doing PU/PD for about a week to correct a little bit of AP (she was waking about an hour after bedtime and bad mommy let her get up to play) and it has been going really well.  After her vaccinations, I gave her more cuddle time when she woke up, but made sure that she stayed in her room and kept it dark.

Now that she is better from her needles, do I still continue PU/PD during these milestones?  I know milestones cause sleep disturbances, but I am unsure how to deal with them.  I would like to continue PU/PD with her.  Any advice/stories about how you got through these times?
Meghan, Mommie to Baby Kaitlyn

Offline nursekat

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 18:45:40 pm »
Hi Meghan, I moved your topic here as it is mostly related to n/w.

Keep in mind night wakings are often one of many causes - see the FAQs link if you haven't already:

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=52878.0

Also, keep in mind that 6mos is a big growth spurt time - could it be she is hungry?  Just something to keep in mind...

Love your avatar pic!  ;D

Now I'll let some of the n/w people reply...  ;)