Poll

How to get her not to wake up at 1:30 ??

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: 6 weeks baby girl wake at 1:30 no matter how much she ate the whole day  (Read 832 times)

Offline shellyor

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Eat formula every 4 hours during the day.
last feed is at 21:00 after bath.
Every day, no matter how much she ate in the whole day ( 650-750 cc per day ) she wake up at 1:30. Not hungry, since when I fed her in this hour, she ate 30-50 and got to sleep ( I succeed in eating her 130cc, but while she slept ).

Tried to pick her and put her back after giving her pacifier for 10 min. Also tried to give her pacifier in the bed, and also tried to let her cry for 1 hour. She get to sleep for 5 min and then, suddenly wake up.

After all those trying, she eat formula at 3:00-4:00.

Just to want to add that she get to sleep alone without any need to help her in it.

Please advice.

Offline M and N's Mom

• Sari - Mom to 2 Spirited Kids!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 62
  • They're growing up so fast!
Re: 6 weeks baby girl wake at 1:30 no matter how much she ate the whole day
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 16:19:05 pm »
Please don't let her cry for 1 hour.  She is VERY young and if she is waking at night, she is probably hungry, especially if she goes to sleep for 5 minutes and wakes again.  You may need night feedings for months yet.  I know you are tired and don't want to hear that, but many lo's need at least one night feeding, if not two at that age.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 16:20:43 pm by M and Ns Mom »

binxyboo

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 16:24:23 pm »
Hi there,

At 6 weeks it is really about just following your child's cues. They are so new to the world! I feel it is more common for them to eat every three hours during the day, you might want to try that. You may also want to try giving the bath earlier in the evening, around 5 or 6, it may be too much for her that late at night.

It is really common for them to need at least two night feeds at that age. I am going to go find some links that might be helpful for you.

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=65842.0
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=63534.0
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=62100.0

I remember the first few weeks were such a blur of feeding, changing diapers, sleeping. I think after about 6-8 weeks or so that I started to notice consistencies about our day. The links I posted above are some general information about the EASY routine, meaning Eating, Activity (which will be really about a diaper change and sitting in his baby chair at that age!), Sleep and You time, when you get to rest and recharge your batteries for the next cycle! 4 hours does seem quite a long time between feeds at that age, does she seem hungry before then? Maybe some bottle fed babies to go that long, I nursed, so have no idea really.

Anyway, hope that helps a little. How did you find out about this site? Have you read some of Tracy's books? I think you are so lucky to have found it when your baby is so young. I think Riley was about 9 months old when I stumbled upon it. He is almost 17 months now. Time really does fly in the end!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 16:35:32 pm by Binxyboo »

Offline Shdef

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 16:35:30 pm »
That waking sounds quite typical... If she just has a little milk there is a good chance that she still needs that little bit of milk. If you keep everything quiet and not exciting at that time she will wean herself off it after a while. It may take another 2 months or so...