Author Topic: Blood Streaks in Stool  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Nad

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: December 22, 2006, 21:19:16 pm »
Hello

My LO has a milk protein allergy and is as a result on Nutramigen Formula.  He has been on this since he was 2months old (when we finally determined why he was so fussy, gassy and not sleeping).

Prior to starting this formula, and the deciding factor in his milk protein diagnosis, we sometimes found blood streaks in his stool.  This is what my pediatrician told us was a sign of a milk protein allergy.  After 2 months on this formula, my LO significantly improved and we no longer saw the blood streaks.

However, last week, while changing his diaper I noticed the blood streak again.  I was wondering if anyone knows why this would occur, since we are on a special formula????  Is there any other reason why there would be blood streaks in his stool, besides a milk protein allergy?  Should we be concerned???

Please help
Thanks

Offline ks6

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 57
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 01:30:44 am »
Soy protein can be a common intolerance for those that have a milk protein intolerance.  Check out the thread on MSPI (milk/soy protein intolerance) at the top of the food allergies topic.  Maybe someone else can think of a reason.