Author Topic: Bath time  (Read 817 times)

Offline Qaytbey

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Bath time
« on: December 27, 2006, 16:41:43 pm »
My daughter is 3 months old and is still bathed in the sink! It is, understandably, getting somewhat small for her. Do I need to get her a baby bath or can she be put in the bath? Any other suggestions for bathing her? She just adores her night-time bath and loves kicking and splashing around.

Thanks!

Offline Mum to cool dude

• Seven Of Nine
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 52
Re: Bath time
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 17:46:14 pm »
I remember we were given a baby bath and with a frame to put in the bath. Towelling material stretches on the frame and supports the baby's back. Later on, we moved to a large piece of foam for baby to lie down on/sit on when in the big bath.
Personally, I would transition from the sink to a baby bath in case the big bath overwhelms her

Offline willowonyx

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Isabella
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 17:51:14 pm »
I agree.  Transition to an infant/toddler tub first, than to the big tub.  The chances for the baby to hurt themaelves in the large tub are greater, also, the large tub may scare them.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 00:44:05 am »
I have something called a Safer Bather which is basically just a big cushion that goes in the water that's higher on one end - it soaks up the water so it keeps the baby warm - my dd has been bathed on that in the big tub from day 1 - also used it with #1 - she was first bathed on that in the sink and then in the big tub, was never afraid of the size or anything.  I was never a fan of the baby tub, too hard and slippery for me so it's not an essential step, you can skip it all together and just use something like a Safer Bather cushion - here's a link so you can see what it looks like.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2401509&cp=2255976.2256088.2256094&parentPage=family

Offline daniellechiasson

• Showing Appreciation 101
  • My two greatest loves.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 01:26:04 am »
Personally I can't stand those baby tubs, it was way too much hassle for us. My DD took her 1st bath at home in the big tub and has loved it since. She especially loved when mommy or daddy got in with her and she could float around in a tub full of water. I would rest her head in my hands and she would float & kick & splash like crazy. When she went in the tub on her own, we used a wire base with the mesh cover or put her directly on the bottom of the tub with only a small amount of water in it.

Danielle