Author Topic: Any Ideas What Might Be Causing This?  (Read 781 times)

Offline M and N's Mom

• Sari - Mom to 2 Spirited Kids!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 62
  • They're growing up so fast!
Any Ideas What Might Be Causing This?
« on: December 30, 2006, 00:54:20 am »
My DD has had eczema since she was a baby (even when she was just BF so I watched my diet carefully).  We have discovered since she is older that she is ok as long as she doesn't have too much dairy.  She has rice milk and goat cheese and soy yogurt and is ok.  Then if she gets the odd dairy milk or cheese at preschool or on pizza etc. she is ok.

My question is now about my DS.  He is 10 months old and seems to also have eczema.  The difference is, he didn't have it when he was only EBF, but it has shown up on his legs over the past couple of months.  We have introduced foods slowly and it didn't show up suddenly, but gradually a spot here and there until his legs are very red.  Now I can't figure out what is causing it.  I don't think it is my diet, since he didn't have it when he was EBF.

Here is the list of foods he eats:  sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, pumpkin, broccoli, green beans, cauliflower, apricots, peaches, pears, apples, bananas, grapes, prunes, pineapple, chick peas, chicken, turkey, cheerios, rice cereal, goat's milk/cheese (I think that's pretty well it).  Is there anything on this list that looks like it might be the culprit?  He is still BF 4 times a day. 

Thanks for your thoughts.

Offline nwmm

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Any Ideas What Might Be Causing This?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 01:19:06 am »
I just ran across an eczema thread.   Maybe it would be more helpful to look there???

Offline blondie10

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Any Ideas What Might Be Causing This?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 11:54:28 am »
It could be eczema cos thaere is a genetic link so if your older child has it then it is likely that the baby will too. Don't forget that flare ups are not just related to food, he could be having a reaction to your laundry detergent or other cleaning product. Have you changed any recently? It might be worth trying a non biological powder if you aren't already.

Hope this helps