Author Topic: 4 month old still waking--here is answers to the questions that were posted  (Read 891 times)

Offline cajunpowermom

• Cajun Power Sauce Family
  • New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Christmas Card 2006
How old is your child? 4months

What’s his/her daily routine? wakes at 7or8 goes down for a nap in 1 hour sleeps 2 hours-(i wake him to eat. stays up 1 1/2 to 2 hours---usually sleeps 45 to 1 hour stays awake for 2 hours sleeps about 1 1/2 to 2 hours--I wake him to eat if it has been 3 hours up for about 1/2 to 2 hours then sleep for 1 1/2 bath time cat nap then down for the night.

What’s nap routine?swaddle-sit in rocker-no rocking and read two really short books turn off light say one or two prayers then he sucks his nunnie and rocks for 2-3 minutes then I place him in his crib and pat for about 2 minutes.--Out like a light.

How long are naps?This past week I do not allow him to sleep more than 2 hours---He usually
has two cat naps and 2 long good naps

What's bedtime routine? Time? I just switched bed time around hoping to help things out---He eats around 5:00 or 5:30 then we bathe and take a cat nap then I feed him around 7 or 7:30 then put him to bed

Do you bottle or breastfed??breastfeed

How much? or how long? He eats in about 10 minutes

If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed)one side

How many wakes per night? 1 or 2-----then again around 4 or 5
What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? he starts to fuss but I wait until he really starts to cry then I go in rewrap give him his nunnie if he needs it and i pat.

When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry? he is not a crying baby his fussing starts to change to a hey anybody here to come check on me kind of fuss.

What have you tried to settle?? I do try to settle him I even try to rock when I get desperate. He sometimes falls backto sleep but usually up in another hour---so at that point i nurse him--but he only nurses for 4to 5 minutes max

What do you do for A time and how long is it? We play on the floor with toys or his siblings talk and play with him or he sits in his bumbo in the kitchen while i do chores or cook

Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? he chews on his hands all the time for the last month---he ALWAYS has his hand in his mouth--so he could be teething or just need somthing to suck.

Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months) no just breastfeed

Do they have a prop? If so what is it? his nunnie but he sucks it then spits it out and stays sleeping he very seldom sleeps with it --he normal spits it out and then goes into deep sleep.

Do they have a lovie?
i think he is still to young but give me advice.

okay there you go i have answered the questions can anyone give me any advice on how to get my lo 4 month old to sleep through the night?

sleepless in Louisiana-USA

May God give you the graces you need to take care of the gift(s) He has given you. Children are from God, what a wonderful gift to recieve.

Kessie--Louisiana USA

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
To tell you the truth, you're not doing badly at all for 4 months. Probably not what you want to hear, but many LOs aren't sleeping through by 4 mo., and around that time some developmental stuff kicks in which can cause wakings.

Quote from: cajunpowermom
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry? he is not a crying baby his fussing starts to change to a hey anybody here to come check on me kind of fuss.

Do you actually go in? It's important that you leave him be unless he's crying-crying. Otherwise he won't learn to self-soothe and sleep independently.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline cajunpowermom

• Cajun Power Sauce Family
  • New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Christmas Card 2006
okay your right Jessica--not really what I wanted to hear but makes be have some hope. Yes I am going in somtimes before he starts to get into a real cry. I will try to stay out longer. On top of all this I am pretty sure we are starting the teething stage :o :D
What do I listen for to know to go in or not--can you give me some advice????
May God give you the graces you need to take care of the gift(s) He has given you. Children are from God, what a wonderful gift to recieve.

Kessie--Louisiana USA

Offline Missy Lou

• Showing Appreciation 138
hey kessie.

i always listened to see if addison was upset.  to be quite honest, she was at least 4 months before i could tell the difference in her cries.  all of her cries sounded awful to me.  but i started to be able to tell when she was yelling, fussing, whining, talking or when she needed me.  do his cries sound different to you yet? 
Melissa

ps - check your messages. 

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Like Melissa says, knowing the difference in cries is key. A mantra cry (or sometimes noise rather than a cry) is very rhythmic on a specific, discernable beat. This is what LOs do when they're putting themselves back to sleep. If you hear this then definitely leave her to it. If it's a real cry that escalates and has urgency to it, then she needs you.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o