Author Topic: liquor chocolates  (Read 4578 times)

Offline MrsKirky

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
  • Aidan dressed as a Sheriff for Halloween
liquor chocolates
« on: January 02, 2007, 03:57:05 am »
Uh-oh!  DS got into DH's liquor chocolates is DH's office.  He ate 3 while I was indisposed..there is real liquor in these!  How concerned should I be?  (BTW, we have locked them up now - had no idea he could reach them on the back of DH's desk!)  He was awake (and SUPER grumpy) for several hours after eating them...Probably OK, right?

Boy do I feel stupid!
(Krista) Aidan-2/9/2005. Touchy.Gravida 5 Para 1 and proud of the LO for hanging on tight!

Offline katriona

• where's me cuppa?
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • mmm... marmite!
    • find madeleine
Re: liquor chocolates
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 05:36:34 am »
mrs kirky,

i have no idea how they may have affected your LO, but my mum made no secret of adding a little nip of brandy to some warm milk to help me sleep as a toddler. and there's an absolutely horrendous story about another family member who followed the same tradition with his LO mistaking the methylated spirits for brandy, and everyone ending up in the ER at 2am. NOT from my particular gene pool, i hasten to add.

i tell you this not to advocate the use of alcohol on LOs, but just to let you know that it -- intentionally! -- was given to me, and i think i turned out ok. and the meth spirits story, well, far worse accidents do happen than getting into the christmas choccies, and my cousin is a healthy strapping, 6ft 6 scot.

i would keep a close eye on your DS, and if you're at all worried, call the doctors. that's what they're there for!

good luck  :D

katy

p.s. forgive me for joking, but maybe your LO was just a teeny bit hungover with the grumps  ;)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 05:38:19 am by katriona »

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 07:02:11 am »
You only have to go back 30 years & a bit of brandy was rubbed on gums for teething in many many households.

I think if a habit was made of it, it could be a problem, but I'd say at worst he was a bit drunk & will have a hang  over.

my Cousin-IL  would regularly give his (now teen) children beer when they were toddlers preschoolers... he actually thougth it was funny to seem them tipsy. They are all fine teens now
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 13:53:08 pm »
Sis kinda drank most of a glass of wine as a toddler.  Dad was holding her and not paying attention.  Put her down and she walked right into the wall.     :o  They are all determined to turn our hair white.   ::)
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline MrsKirky

• Showing Appreciation 27
  • Aidan dressed as a Sheriff for Halloween
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 03:21:03 am »
They had 2% alcohol, so I guess we killed a few brain cells.  Thank God we have plenty!  My husband got these for Christmas - I hope we never get them again.  This was the craziest thing!

Thank you all!

Krista
(Krista) Aidan-2/9/2005. Touchy.Gravida 5 Para 1 and proud of the LO for hanging on tight!