Author Topic: Fitful sleeping  (Read 767 times)

Offline twinsrus77

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 02, 2007, 12:12:48 pm »
Hi - my LO is 5 1/2 months old. I have had her on easy routine since she was 8weeks old. She is generally a good napper but has only slept through the night on a couple of occasions. Tracey's books generally suggest that if the LO is on a good routine during the day, then there should be no reason why she doesn't sleep through the night.

She is currently on  a 4 hourly routine and has a good 2 hour nap in the morning and a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. Between 5 - 6 she has a cat nap of about 30 mins. WE then put her down to bed at 7.30 and she more often than not will wake once or twice before her dream feed at 11 and then will wake up once or twice before 7 am.  I don't know what I can do to help her sleep better during the night. I know she's not hungry as she will go back to sleep once we do shush pat or give her the dummy, so it's not hunger that's waking her up. Having said this she feeds at 7, 11, 3 and then can't quite manage, so i feed her at around 6.15 and then top her up before bed at 7.30.

In regards to the dummy - we tried to get her off it (for 2 weeks) by doing shush pat (sometimes for 2 hours in the night) and PU/PD, but found that she was so distressed (dreading going to bed)and that she was really grumpy with her lack of sleep, so we went back to giving it to her.

IF anyone has any suggestions - I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Offline Nani

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 15:25:58 pm »
My LO is 5 1/2 months and I have the same issues, he wakes up and either wants to be fed or I give him his pacifier and he goes back to sleep.  I wish I had an answer for you, but I just want you to know that you are not alone.