Author Topic: Not feeding much during the day  (Read 730 times)

Offline winnie1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 02, 2007, 20:24:32 pm »
I posted a little while ago about my LO feeding more at night than during the day and how to "fix" it  :)

Nights are a little better - just back to the 1 feed, but he wakes way earlier than the usual 7am - sometimes 530  :(  He doesn't want feeding, just up, and as you can imagine, getting him back on track is not really happening.

At the moment (he is 4.5 months) he is not feeding much at all during the day, he is on 4 hour EASY (sometimes he will go 4.5hours)   And when he does feed he wll not empty the breast - he has a lot of green poos lately.  So I started just offering the 1 breast and trying to get him to empty. 

He has always been a good weight and sleep during the day is ok at the moment and he still goes down easy at bed time.

Any suggestions?  Is it a phase?  He seems to have been in a phase from about 15 weeks now  >:(

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: Not feeding much during the day
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 20:45:25 pm »
I would definately try to have him finish the one side before offering the other.  If  he seems content after feeds, is gaining weight and is producing at least 6 wet diapers in 24 hours, his intake is fine.

I am going to pop this over to nightwakings where you may get more support for the early risings...  post your daily routine there with this post.

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months