SLEEP > General Sleep Issues

POST YOUR SUCCESS STORIES HERE!!!

(1/12) > >>

Scrapbooker:
We went away to in-laws for Christmas vacation with almost 4 month old DD.  The trip (6 hours by car) was not fun but it could have been worse.  My DD had slept poorly for a few weeks (waking after 45 minutes and night waking possibly realted to growth spurt-see post on BF board) and Dec. 23rd I finally broke down and cried I think because I kept hearing what a  good sleeper my niece had been when she was a baby.  Anyway, I brought both of Tracy's books along for some light reading if I had time and I did.  I was thinking we'd have to do PU/PD sometime in January if she hadn't been able to sleep independently by then and my back was fearing the long pat/shh sessions we used to do.  Christmas Eve morning I was reading a bit after crying a bit in the nursery by myself (while C+DH layed with DD and family).  I think it gave me the confidence to just try and see how it went. When it was time for DD's nap, I took her and swaddled her bottom half and put her in the crib instead of sitting with her in the chair while she cried herself to sleep.  You know what, she cried less.  (She usually cried 5-10 minutes before every nap and we help her until she feel asleep and placed her in crib-AP, but at least she slept).  I kept my hand on her and shh'd a little, but she fell asleep faster and slept longer.  Next nap I did the same thing and she didn't cry at all.  I hugged her in her swaddle and placed her in the crib, kissed her "night-night", told her I loved her and put her down.  I sat in a rocking chair behind the head of the crib and listened for her.  She fell asleep within 10 minutes.  She has been sleeping independently every nap and bedtime since then.  I guess she was just ready and so was I. It was the best Christmas present I could ever get and I think she likes it too.  She still cries a bit once in a while, but goes to sleep well.  I never thought it would happen.  If you're waiting, keep up hope!

chell:
  :D WOW WEE LAURA!! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :D

macsmum:
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

well done

nursekat:
EXCELLENT job!!  ;D

I heard a quote once, "When you KNOW better, you DO better!"  Hmm...think I'll add that to my signature.  ;)

Congrats.  I can hear the relief in your post!

JennŠ:
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version