Author Topic: recipies with no Milk or Milk products  (Read 1063 times)

Offline meltown

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
    • Living a Frugal Life
recipies with no Milk or Milk products
« on: January 04, 2007, 23:59:02 pm »
I was looking at my food and it seems most have milk roducts in them.  as do a lot of my recipies.  my son has a milk intolerance and I am BFing.  I am looking for some recipies that don't have milk products in them.  I also think it would be nice to share some foods that we like so we can allhave more to eat! :D  does anyone have some they could share??
Melissa
http://www.livingafrugallife.com - Frugal Living

mom to:
Braxton 09/06/2006
Reagan 03/27/2008
Kiley 09/27/2010
Quinn 02/10/2013
Madison 08/07/2021

laurennsarah

Re: recipies with no Milk or Milk products
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 19:37:14 pm »
I too am always looking for recipies to make one family meal.  If you cook from scratch, a lot of the time you can use rice milk and vegan butter spread.  Surprisingly the spread isn't half bad, it obviously doesn't have the fresh butter taste but you can't win them all.  We also use a lot of olive oil.  I think my husband and I are starting to drop a few pounds on the upside.  If you make mashed potatoes just leave some of the boiling water in the pot and use that instead of milk and butter.  Others in the family put it on after it's been plated.

If you don't cook from scratch there are a lot of foods out there if you look really, really hard.  For example, Gerber makes a couple of graduate foods such as veg stew and chicken stew along w/rice and chicken.  Rice-A-roni also makes some side dishes - we just add olive oil instead of butter.  Chef Boyardee also makes a few lunch buckets such as rice and chicken.  Cambells soup also has milk free soups.  Spag and sauce is always a good stand-by too.  Let me know if you need some more ideas.  I am always looking for new ones myself.

Offline Ami ~ 3 girls' mom

• Showing Appreciation 70
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 19:44:50 pm »

Offline meltown

• Showing Appreciation 130
    • Living a Frugal Life
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 21:36:00 pm »
Thanks for the link, it helps a lot!!!