Author Topic: No breakfast  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Mum to cool dude

• Seven Of Nine
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 52
No breakfast
« on: January 07, 2007, 18:58:24 pm »
My 2 YO has stopped wanting breakfast. He will now ask for a bottle of milk in the morning and that's all he wants, although I pack something to eat on the go in the unlikely event that he's peckish

At nursery they have a quick snack at 9.30 am to last them until 12 am lunchtime, so I guess it's not too bad during the week

At home, I usually feel bad about him skipping breakfast and sometimes give him a snack around 10 am but then it interferes with his lunch, failing that I bring the lunch forward. Today, we had a super early lunch at 10.30 with a snack at 3 pm and another snack at 7 pm with some milk before bedtime.  I don't really want to go down that route either because he's in a regular eating routine during the week and we try to stick with that during the weekend

What can I do to encourage breakfast ? We went through the yoghurt fad, then the grapes fad, then the cheese fad, then the banana fad then the cheerios fad so he's always had something acceptable in the morning but at the moment there is nothing that takes his fancy

shimzy

Re: No breakfast
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 19:01:01 pm »
I dont know if our situation is the same, but my son around that age started refusing breakfast and would say to me "i get a snack in the morning so I dont need breakfast". I had to ask the sitter to stop providing it to him to reinforce the importance of eating breakfast in the morning. It took about a week of him starving to lunch time but he "got it" and started eating breakfast... and eventually we reintroduced the morning snack.

My son also stopped having his "milk"  at around 1 yr old and started having his dairy with his meals.

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: No breakfast
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 21:59:25 pm »
is your lo cutting his 2 Year molars? 

We always find that teething interfers with our meals.
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007