Author Topic: when will food allergy show up when intro new food?  (Read 1014 times)

Offline angie&lane

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Easter 2010
when will food allergy show up when intro new food?
« on: January 08, 2007, 20:31:58 pm »
When I start a new food (same one for 1 week), after which point is it safe to assume reactions are not from an allergy?  For example, my 6 mo old has eaten squash for 5 days with no reaction, then today he has a hard time pooping and his bottom is a little red and sensitive (not too bad).  His poops are pretty hard, too.  Does it sound more like constipation than an allergy??  If so, which foods are common for causing constipation?  I'm wondering if I'm feeding him too much rice cereal (about 3 tbsp twice a day along with a fruit or veggie).  Maybe I should switch to cereal only once a day and doing just the fruit or veggie at the other feed.  Any ideas?
Thanks,
Angie

Offline Sharon P

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 13
Re: when will food allergy show up when intro new food?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 11:30:12 am »
i am wondering the same thing, so i look forward to reading any responses.

sharon.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: when will food allergy show up when intro new food?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 12:33:38 pm »
Squash and rice cereal can both be constipating, especially the rice. I'd definitely cut back on the rice cereal and/or switch to another grain (oatmeal and barley are less constipating) and see if that helps.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01