Author Topic: 13 month old screams at dinnertime  (Read 1176 times)

Offline smiletoday

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
13 month old screams at dinnertime
« on: January 11, 2007, 02:51:49 am »
My darling ds has a great breakfast and fairly good lunch but get to dinner and we sometimes have a major meltdown. He naps almost two hours during the day and sleeps  through the night. Am I missing something, I will make sure to listen to his cues for items, milk more food( he refuses to learn any signs)  most times he is still screaming at Dh and I to get something, I feel I do not move fast enough or something. Dinnertime has become so stressful I DREAD IT. Any advice please. He has been pretty good at trying new things if he likes it he will eat but if he does not no way.
smile today you woke up and you have a beautiful lo

Offline Crocker

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Smiles in the sunshine...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 07:22:11 am »
Can you post his schedule?  Maybe you are giving him dinner too late in the day?  ???  It sounds like he might be overtired? Has something in his routine changed? Was Christmas really full on ... did he spend time with other kids who might have screamed?  It could be new teeth?  Maybe eating hurts? Not much help ... then you could just put it down to a stage??  My ds thinks it is fun to throw his food & then look at it on the ground at the moment  ::)

Don't know if it helps but I have 13 month old twins and this is our schedule

Wake up 7am Bottle
Breakfast 7:30am
Sleep 9:30am - 11:00am
Lunch 11:30am
Bottle 2pm
Sleep 2:30pm - 3:30pm
Snack 4pm
Dinner 5:30pm ... followed by a bath at 6pm & off to bed by 6:30pm (asleep by 7pm - sleep through)

Offline smiletoday

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 13 month old screams at dinnertime
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 12:53:05 pm »
Thanks for the response

This was his schedule I am trying to change today because of dinner and early waking:

Wake 5:30 / 6
Juice 6:30
BF 7 am
Lunch 11:00 sometimes he falls asleep in chair but i try to keep up / TRYING two to one nap
Nap 12- 1:45
Snack-  2:30
Dinner 6
6:30 ready for bed
7 bed

THOUGHTS

Offline Mum to cool dude

• Seven Of Nine
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 52
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 13:01:57 pm »
Have you tried reducing/removing the snack and having dinner earlier ?

I have sort of given up on dinner. DS has some milk/snack for breakfast, a good lunch, sandwiches around 3-4pm and loses interest in food after that. He may have some cheese and crackers in the evening but that's it. He'll have some more milk before bedtime and usually that gives him enough calories for the day

Offline smiletoday

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 13:19:04 pm »
thanks for your response

I may have the soultion. We bought a booster seat yesterday and he ate dinner with us with no screaming, he had his own plate and everything, I think he felt so far away with his highchair.

Stacy,

The BF in the  morning is breakfast no Bfeed. The only bfeed of the day is at night. Sometimes at nap. he is so busy he never seems tired  at 9:30( should I try anyway to put him down, we have been going outside at that time too) We do have milk at lunch and dinner. The 2 to one nap was going pretty good until he starting to get tired earlier. I will try a catnap in the morning. Thanks