Author Topic: grrrrr  (Read 4040 times)

Offline lisi's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 155
Re: grrrrr
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 17:17:48 pm »
Aisling, you could be on to something teething wise,  but it feels like this has been going on forever - can you have 4 months of permenant teething?? The problem is most of the time (when there's no food around) she's quite cheerful and not showing any other signs, and she won't let me take a look or prod in her mouth to see what's going on. However, being the mean mummy I am I held her upside down whilst she was screaming (desperate times- desperate measures) and there are 2 teeth (an eye tooth and a molar) peeking through and the gum around another eye tooth is taut. The thing that really bothers me most is that over the last 3 or 4 months it seems like we have 75% off days compared to 25% good ones. Sooner or later she's going to end up with scurvy or such like!

Yaya, I'm going to have to get clever with the Rinforza - a bottle of milk with one scoop in will be drunk, two scoops not  ::) I give her pastina in her night time bottle, well, usually oatmeal but it has the same function.

The battle goes on! It's good to know I'm not the only one fighting it  :D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 17:20:55 pm by lisi's mum »
Katie

Offline aisling

• Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 494
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 01:00:48 am »
Katie,

I would say in total it took almost 3 months for things to settle down.  The last 2 top molars and the one last top eye tooth that came out together where the worst.  Nello would only eat yoghurt and BF for about a week.  His poops were like his newborn days!  :( 

So here we are just 2 weeks later and for dinner tonight at our Aunt's house no less, he ate Farfalle Pasta Primavera, BBQ lambchops and dipped his bread in the vinegar of my salad!  :o  The difference in 2 weeks is insane.  Can you imagine his poop tomorrow LOL!  ((((MANY HUGS)))) again. 

Ax

binxyboo

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 01:06:25 am »
Yes, I KNOW teething can go on forever with those molars and eyeteeth, because Riley started teething his first molar at just gone a year, now he is 17 months and the last molar just came through and the eye teeth are just coming through the gums, all at once.

When he has all his teeth he will have no excuses anymore LOL!

Offline lisi's mum

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 12:27:34 pm »
The poor petal now has the runs on top of everything else  ::)

Aisling, I remember you once mentioned a favourite of Nellos - beans in a tomato sauce with polenta. Is it that simple - cannelini beans, garlic, canned tomatoes or is there an old family secret in there somewhere?
Katie

Offline yaya

• Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 12:33:43 pm »
same here we had a 3mos period of hell!

Offline The Vern

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Linnea Beatrice Christina - January 5, 2006
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 14:05:18 pm »
Oh, {{{hugs}}} to all of you out there going through this. It could have been me writing that post. DD (just a year) was a great eater and sleeper and for the past 3-4 weeks now, every mealtime is a struggle and a fight and her sleeping is off as a result and she wakes starving in the middle of the night taking 8-9 oz.  Anyway, it's nice to know that we're not alone (not so nice knowing we're just in the early stages of this and it could go on for months!!!) yikes!!! Let me know how you all make out.

Offline aisling

• Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 494
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 14:59:09 pm »
(((HUGS))) The Vern.

Yes Katie, we use those exact ingredients with a little water and wine too for more liquid.  I do the polenta in the oven. (so easy, 2 cup of cornflour/meal to 8 cups of water in casserole pan for 1.5 hrs on 400) I use the cannelloni or bortolli beans like I do for Pasta Fagiola too. Hope Lisi is better soon.

Ax

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Showing Appreciation 151
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 15:20:20 pm »
So sorry bout little Lisi and the runs.  Unfortunately it could be a week or more til her appetite gets back to "normal" - at least that's my experience with the Bug.  I thought of you yesterday.  Katiebug was actually eating carrots!!  She wouldn't swallow the bits that she chewed up, but I was so pleased that she would hold them, put them in her mouth, bite some off and chew it.  Maybe just maybe in a few days she'll start swallowing those little mushed up bits!  I figured you'd be the only one that can understand how excited I am that she's spitting carrots out!!! 
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline lisi's mum

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 16:27:18 pm »
Casey, have our lives come to this - I am genuinely excited that Katie spat out her carrots lol! It's a major step forward from refusing point blank.

I thought I was so clever, having Lisi sit on the countertop whilst I cooked, getting her to add the peas to her risotto, no pressure dinner with out a bib, infront of baby einstein. Nope, she's not going to play. Oh well.

Give the carrot musher a smooch
K
Katie

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Showing Appreciation 151
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 16:32:17 pm »
LOL!  I hope they're not this stubborn when they're teenagers!  Kisses to Lisi too!
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline lisi's mum

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2007, 08:19:12 am »
A post of hope to all you still suffering from picky monsters,

we were at the doctors last week: in the last 6 weeks Lisi has actually lost weight, is down on the 1% line and they got all nervous BUT we got home and she started eating  :o must be something they spray in the air at the hospital! Now she's unstoppable scoffing down (almost) anything and everything I put infront of her  :o :o :o her belly has grown so much by the evening that I can see it from behind when she's in the bath  ;D.

She has ALWAYS refused fish and tomato sauce, but now has decided that tuna tomato sauce with capers is food of the Gods. Yogurt is back on the menu, and I'm feeling much more relaxed  ;D

Thankyou everybody for all your support, it really helped when I was feeling so desperate. Stick at it all of you still suffering and I hope that it passes sooner rather than later.

Katie  :-*
Katie