Author Topic: No More Bottles !!!!  (Read 5743 times)

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: No More Bottles !!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2007, 09:43:44 am »
Hi Stace,

From what you have probably read from my post, the key to the change is consistency and perseverance.

It was really tough on us, my DS was very stubborn and went through a couple of days where he refused milk point blank, me caving in and giving him the bottle again and of course him teething.

Our DS uses the Avent cup for his water and juice but was not happy with drinking his milk out of it.  I think he associated it with juice and water and when he took a sip out of it would spit it out.  He did drink from it for one or two days and then he out right refused.

Our DS ended up picking his own sippy cup :o and has been drinking from it since.  He chose the Nuby soft spout one.  It has slits in it like a sippy cup but has a softer spout and he has really taken to this.  Once he is used to this sippy, we will start to persever with another cup that has a harder spout.

A lot of people have also suggested a sippy cup with a straw - Can your lo drink from a straw?  This might be worth a try, as it is fun, and may make your lo enjoy the new way of drinking milk.

I would stick to offering milk at the same times you usually do and see how you get on.  If you find that your lo is dropping his intake and not taking very much, you can always up his dairy intake with cheeses, yogurts, milk in cooking, custards etc.

Hope this helps

Paula
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007