Author Topic: Mothercare Bubbies Walkaround Exerciser/ Exersaucers in general - Any good?  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Mariek

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
Hi Ladies

I'm thinking of getting one of these for Ewan and I wondered if anyone had one and what they thought of it. The Leapfrog and Baby Einstein ones are SOO expense - but this is on offer with about 20 pounds off at the moment (plus I have Mothercare vouchers for Christmas).

For anyone who has an exersaucer - are they useful? We had a baby walker for Grace but it's been in the loft and has gone a bit horrid so I'll have to replace it and was thinking of a stationary one instead (less risk of getting into trouble!!).

Any input appreciated.

TIA

love
Marie

Offline esthere

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • all you need is hope trust and a little pixie dust
I have not seen the ones that do not move , but h was given a push along one. He went head first over it, thankgoodness he landed on ted ted. Don't mean to scare you but my heart stopped. :'(
I took it apart then and he played with the activity part on the floor.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
I loved our exersaucer and thought we got a whole lot of use out of it.  It's nice to have somewhere to put them when you know they'll be safe and won't get into trouble.  Katie used to stay in hers during while we ate (until she started eating meals when we did) -- I'd also put her in there when I needed to get something done.  She got fed up with it once she started moving around more herself, but I've known lots of people who have put their LOs in it until a year when they need a few moments peace.  (And now that I've taken it out again, Katie is fascinated with it again and keeps climbing into it.) Definitely worth the money IMO.

Offline maisy

• Showing Appreciation 131
Hi Marie,

We got a Graco one for Kirsten and she loved it. I borrowed a walker for Fraser when he was a baby but decided to go with the non moving one for Kirsten. I too found the baby einstein etc too expensive, I bought mine for £50 and it was worth every penny!

Here is a link http://www.nurseryandtoys.com/invt/24960  p+p was either very cheap or free and was here within days.

Good luck!

x x x x
Lee Ann,

Offline Mariek

Well, we ended up with the Leapfrog one for a couple of reasons - 1) Mothercare didn't have any of their own on in the store I went to and I couldn't be bothered hauling across town to the other store, 2) when I looked closer the M/Care one was from 6 months and the Leapfrog one from 4 months, 3) the Leapfrog one was also reduced so was pretty much the same price (yey for a bargain!!).

All I need to do now is find some batteries.... which I don't appear to have ANY, in the whole house  ::) I wonder what other toys I can raid to pillage some from???

Thanks  ladies

love
Marie

Offline jobi

• VBACing, homebirthing, breastfeeding, cloth nappying, babywearing mum to 6...
  • Showing Appreciation 241
  • MUFC-The religion...
    • Ndi

All I need to do now is find some batteries.... which I don't appear to have ANY, in the whole house  ::) I wonder what other toys I can raid to pillage some from???

Hehe what about the tv remote  :P

Hope Ewan has fun in his new toy!! ;D
Jo  
Mum to
Jordan-28-04-97
Marc Alex-30-06-02
Jamie- 06-05-04
And Shelby- 14-07-07
And now Brandon and Aimee!
Married to kev the invisible!!

Crazy? Moi? Of course!!

Offline Mariek

Hehe what about the tv remote  :P

Tried that.... wrong size  ;D  I found some in another toy that he's too small for so I have temporarily seconded them to the exersacuer... and he loves it!

love
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 13:44:39 pm by Mariek »
Marie

Offline esthere

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • all you need is hope trust and a little pixie dust
Glad he loves it  :) :)Btw we have a drawer of batteries , pity you are not closer  :)