Author Topic: little gym?  (Read 955 times)

Offline nona

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 95
« on: January 17, 2007, 22:27:28 pm »
i'm thinking about joining little gym when my lo is 4mo. has anyone else joined? (i think it is just in the USA but not sure). :-\

also, if a mommy & me type class falls in the middle of a nap time how do you adjust your schedule around it? i hate to deprive us of something fun if this is the case but i don't want to be miserable for the next two days either. he will be 4mo so hopefully activity time will be longer anyway (we're now on 3hr EASY but should transition to 4hr around then).
heather

Offline vuhoo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: little gym?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 00:47:40 am »
Our LO, who is 17 months old, is a member of The Little Gym.  He absolutely loves it and we love it too.  The Little Gym facility that we go to is basically a big padded room that our little toddler can romp around and not get hurt.  It's a 45min class.  Within the 45mins, the instructor will have a few organized activities.  The other time is free for the toddlers to explore and run around.  It's a good way for the LOs to burn off a lot of energy before nap  ;D  To be honest, we didn't enroll our DS when he was an infant so I'm not sure what activities are available for the age group.  I believe The Little Gym offers an introductory class, which I highly recommend.  This helps you and your LO determine if Little Gym is right for you.  It really boils down to the instructor.  Take the extra time to get to know them before you make the decision. 

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Showing Appreciation 184
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 00:51:13 am »
Our 19 month old DS has been a member of Romp N Roll (Same concept as Little Gym) for about 6 months now.  IMHO it is better to wait till they are mobile for a "gym" class.  A music class would be different.

Our son absolutely LOVES the gym class.

Also, I personally would not attend a class that interrupted his nap time (but I am neurotic that way.)  Like you said, it is not worth paying the price for a day or two afterwards. 

Judy

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 15:30:50 pm »
DH's aunt and her dd love The Little Gym, not exactly sure when they started though.  Could be fun, I think you'd have to look at what kind of stuff they offer in the class to know if it's right for your LO.

I used to do a bunch of things that fell in the middle of dd1's nap time when she was smaller -- it actually would work out fine -- generally I would put her down a little early knowing she would take a short nap and wake up in time to go to our class -- she would usually just take a longer nap later in the day to compensate for the earlier shorter one.  Part of that is also your LO's personality - some can go with slightly altered naps like that, others don't do well with it at all.  I think I just messed up her naps twice a week too, every day would be a bit much (not that you're planning on doing that).  I would give it a shot and see what happens.