Author Topic: Need Breakfast Ideas!!  (Read 3633 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Need Breakfast Ideas!!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 17:50:25 pm »
Problem here is that she acts hungry, goes to her chair, etc... But maybe with more milk I could hold her off and do a bigger brunch - so she's hungrier but not too tired yet? Not sure...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline mommy4life

• Showing Appreciation 24
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 20:41:52 pm »
My little guy is on the smaller side too.. At night I give him a pediasure milk ( meal replacement). That way if he has had a bad day of eating at least he goes to bed full
Anyways perhaps you could try that in the am instead?
~Kim~
~Kennedy  July 2001
~Thomas  December 2003
*when a child is born....so is a mother*

kim@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline mommy4life

• Showing Appreciation 24
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 13:04:27 pm »
yes quiche is a good one.
~Kim~
~Kennedy  July 2001
~Thomas  December 2003
*when a child is born....so is a mother*

kim@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 09:34:21 am »
Ok, Dave is snoring.  Mouse is having a crib party.  So I did some digging.
http://www.recipezaar.com/150057  Have not tried this one, but it looks yummy! 
http://www.recipezaar.com/159509  This one I used the pourable fruit instead.  Then added some toasted wheat germ and a touch of cinamon.  This is what we took to daycare for her b-day.  They were a big hit.  I love this website.  It will sort things according to various criteria, including toddler friendly.   ;)
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2007, 12:36:59 pm »
Thanks Jenn- will check those out and try them. Just really tired right now because M decided to be up and upset about it from 1:30-3 last night...

Stacy - am starting to wonder if she has an egg intolerance anyway. She doesn't like them but when she does try a little she gets a little rash by her mouth (which goes away very quickly). And she reacted REALLY badly to the flu shot, which is egg-based I believe. But she seems fine with meatballs and chicken nuggets so I'm not sure (but only a little bit of hidden egg in there really).
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 14:02:04 pm »
Man, I HATE those middle of the night sessions! 
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 18:25:41 pm »
Yes, did coffee and about to try to take a nap!

Maybe I'll hold off on egg in direct form for a while but keeping doing nuggets, meatballs etc since that seems OK. Do any other shots have egg that you know of? I didn't get the second half of the flu shot and probably won't get it at all going forward due to bad reaction (104 fever, no eating, etc).

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 16:51:10 pm »
I think I'll try quesadillas for lunch tomorrow. Any thoughts on how to best prepare/what to put in so I have best shot of her eating them?

Not giving her milk first only makes her furious and still not eat - plus we like her having milk first (it's only 4 ounces tops) so we can all eat breakfast together a little while later.

Now she's back on hunger strike after about 1.5-2 weeks of eating well. Seems to happen every time she gets shots - it triggers something and eating dissapears for a while. All she's had the past few days is some baby oatmeal and fruit puree for breakfast, literally no lunch, and 2-3 bites of dinner. She is drinking her milk and some diluted juice at least.