Author Topic: INTOLERANCE/REFLUX/OVERFEEDING  (Read 1448 times)

Offline fiona1274

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • the family
INTOLERANCE/REFLUX/OVERFEEDING
« on: January 22, 2007, 09:59:23 am »
OK You might think I would be able to tell by now as my DD#2 is 6 months today but I am losing the plot.
She constantly throws up, large mouthfulls all day it does appear only to be milk which is making me think intolerance and despite being told to hang off another month have changed to soya to see if it helps.
But could it be reflux, I thought this should get better and it would not just be the milk I would see again, she has always gained weight and appears to be in no discomfort when being sick.
Or am I overfeeding? Wouldn't she just throw up once after the heavy feed. I dont force food and if she doesn't finish her bottle I try not to go back to it. So sometimes she leaves 3 ounces from a 7 ounce bottle and still throw up all day.
I did breast feed and cant remember this being a problem then but I was on a Soya diet or almost dairy free for most of it as she showed signs of colic a the beginning.
Please drop me a line with your ideas/thoughts
Thanks in advance
I dream of hot cups of tea and delicious cake, long chats with friends and luxurious bubble baths!!
http://lbdf.lilypie.com/95QQp1.png

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: INTOLERANCE/REFLUX/OVERFEEDING
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 12:31:50 pm »
Reflux can be aggravated by milk intolerance. It certainly couldn't hurt to try totally dairy free for at least 2 weeks and see if it helps. Just remember that many babies who have a problem with cow's milk also have a problem with soy )up to 50%). Good luck and keep us posted!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline fiona1274

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • the family
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 13:08:05 pm »
Thanks for that advice even though it might get worse before it gets better. She seems the same if not worse today as she was very grumpy after her last bottle. I just packed her in the pram and went for her a walk. She seemed to calm down and is now napping.... we'll see.
I dream of hot cups of tea and delicious cake, long chats with friends and luxurious bubble baths!!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 13:58:34 pm »
If the soy doesn't work you may want to try a "hypoallergenic" formula like Alimentum or Nutramigen...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline fiona1274

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • the family
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 12:30:08 pm »
Soya appears to make no difference, I know it only been 4 days but it is probably worse, she is now very grumpy as well as constantly throwing up. I am trying to be patient but not convinced  am on the right track. Wish my GP was more help, and I had faith in health visitor there only advice is wait and see she will grow out of it. Seems to be getting worse not better. Think solids may annoy her too and am trying to keep them plain but I cant put off introducing them as she is 6 months, where has my happy smily girl gone?

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 12:45:34 pm »
Can you get a referral to see a GI doctor? And/or start her on a hypoallergenic formula instead of the dairy or soy?

Offline fiona1274

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • the family
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 20:09:54 pm »
Going to try and see my doc this week again but same old story never an appointment when you need one. Hopefully they will refer me on. CAn you just buy hypoallergenic milk over the counter?