Author Topic: Less intolerant I think.  (Read 1071 times)

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Less intolerant I think.
« on: January 23, 2007, 02:16:13 am »
On a whim yesterday, I gave Charlie Mouse 2 oz of regular chocolate milk mixed with her lactose free stuff.  No problems.  So today she got 2 oz of 1% mixed in for breakfast, 3 at lunch, and about 4 at supper.  All with no problems.  Previously, if she got regular milk, there was green, runny poo in a few hours.  Never a tummy ache though.  So, any thoughts on where I should go from here?  Her doc is out of the office, and the partner is a twit IMHO.  Continue small trials for a few days, or something different?  I would LOVE to get rid of the lactose free stuff if possible, but if not, such is life. 
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline carolyn

• Showing Appreciation 67
Re: Less intolerant I think.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 02:21:59 am »
That's an issue we faced too.  i still give john lactose free milk at home.  I use and organic 2% lactose free brand.  But when we are out he drinks milk at the restaurants without any problems.  So I think he may have outgrown it. I still have problems with lactose on occasion, so I don't expect him to completely outgrow it.

Try increasing the amount you give her every few days.  I treated it like trying new foods....a little bit at a time. Take it easy and see what happens.
carolyn
John's mommy :-)

binxyboo

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 02:27:07 am »
That's good to hear. I am hoping some day Riley will be able to have the choice of drinking cows milk.

Offline JennŠ

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 02:33:45 am »
Yup, and then Dave can eat ice cream and not have to hide from her.  She like sorbets just fine, but always wants to try what DADADA has.  Plus, almost all kiddie meals have a choice of milk or pop.  So whe have to carry her milk, or something else. 
Carolyn, that's what I thought.  Thanks for confirming.  Fingers and toes crossed!!!!   
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline JennŠ

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 02:55:04 am »
As one of my favorite authors would say it's the present tense of tw@t.  Hee hee!!!!!!!