Author Topic: Help with food ideas No Milk/Soy and VERY VERY PICKY EATER  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Help with food ideas No Milk/Soy and VERY VERY PICKY EATER
« on: January 26, 2007, 03:28:28 am »
My son is 17 mos. old and is MSPI.  He drinks rice milk, but gosh he is such a picky eater.  He hates all meats except for hotdogs...  I hate the fact that he gets a hotdog everyday, but he want get much protein otherwise.

I am trying to be creative and think of food ideas.  The hardest thing is breakfast.  He liked eggs for a while, but now spits them out. 

Here is what he had today to eat and you will see how bad of an eater he is.  Any ideas or help would be great.  BTW, he has textures issues also (no noodles, nothing slimy)

Breakfast:  Offered Egg (refused), 2 bites of pear, 4 crackers

Snack:  1 bag of strawberry mini fig newtons

Lunch:  1/2 hotdog

Snack: Cheerios, 2 oreo cookies :-0

Dinner: Small french fries (McDonald's)

Before bed: Popcycle

Milk in morning, afternoon and before bed...

GOSH, that is AWFUL.. I need your help!!!!!!!!  It is so hard with a very  picky eater and cannot have milk and soy...

Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

binxyboo

Re: Help with food ideas No Milk/Soy and VERY VERY PICKY EATER
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 04:34:10 am »
LOL Wendy
Can he have trace amounts?
Riley has had a few French Fries from "Jack in the Box" lately (with his Daddy). Now everytime he passes one he points and shrieks and wants more! I don't mind every now and then though. But our sons are that that age where their tastes in food is really being shaped, some 99% of the time he is only offered healthy options. Jet me think on it!

I must be your stalker, I always seem to answer first!

Offline kim&savannah

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 04:55:00 am »
Wendy~Savannah was MSPI and also hated all meats (including hotdogs)--we did a lot of beans and rice or tortillas or bread--that makes a complete protein.  Will he eat soups?  Savannah would actually eat veges that way more than if they were just plain--and she loved split pea soup, potato based soups, etc. . .  We also did tons of fruits--lots of avocado to get some extra fat in her since Rice Dream doesn't have much.  And for some reason, she will eat tuna sandwiches even though she won't touch most other meats or fish.

For breakfast, she mostly ate cereal at that age--although I guess by then she was transitioning to normal breakfasts--that has always been our best meal actually--she LOVES her oatmeal :)  Also, smoothies made with rice milk and frozen fruit.

HTH!

~Kim
~Kim

Savannah,  6/04
Abraham,   11/06
Henry, 5/8/11

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 12:16:42 pm »
Wendy - I am pretty sure that McDonald's fries are not MSPI safe... If doing a lot of hot dogs, are you getting uncured/nitrate free ones? Much better for our LOs than regular hot dogs on a consistent basis. Wellshire Farms makes some, as does Applegate Farms and others.

Have you tried chicken nuggets? Many MSPI safe ones.

I thought Zach liked spaghetti? Will he eat spaghetti with meat sauce (you can puree meat and veggies into the sauce)?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Mydreamcametrue

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 17:20:27 pm »
WHAT....  Are you kidding Karen, I had NO CLUE that McDonald's  french fries were not MSPI free.  WOW,  that explains why he still acts like his stomach is hurting...

I like all the ideas and will keep trying.....  He does like Spegetti and I am going to try to puree some veggies in it!!!!

LOL Michelle, You must be my stalker... Your funny...

Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 17:34:19 pm »
Yup - a big news story a few months back about McDonald's fries not being MSPI safe or wheat free - definitely stay away from them. They also make lentil pasta - good source of protein!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Mydreamcametrue

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 18:02:18 pm »
You are SO right Karen.. I just googled it and read the article and the ingredients on the McDonald's website.  I am SOOOOOOOOOOO Shocked.  Gosh I love you!!!  Thanks so much.

I am going to make another topic on this just so others can be on the lookout.

Thanks!!!
Wendy -