Author Topic: Wake to Sleep ... Cheer me up please!  (Read 681 times)

Offline Tessy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Germany&England
    • Little T's site
Wake to Sleep ... Cheer me up please!
« on: January 30, 2007, 06:30:25 am »
Hello everyone,

my LO is now 7 1/2 months old and he has got the bad  :'( habit, that 5.00 am his night is over. I think I really tried everything already and it is not getting better.

I´ve read in Tracy books about W2S and she advised to do it 3 nights in a row. Some babys would need 3 other nights but it is possible. Well ... I did it for over a week and the result was, that my son then woke up even earlier.

Can anybody cheer me up and tell me ... I have to stick to it and it will work!?! I feel very tired and burned out. I am pregnant again (a really surprise coz we wanted a little more time between them) and I am sooo tired all day long.

My son goes to bed between 7.00-8.00 pm. And still gets a bottle at about 11.00 as a DF coz cutting that down made it even worse. He is not really hungry at 5.00 and wouldnt drink a full bottle.

He is on a 4 hours routine:

7.00 Bottle
9.00 Nap for 20-30 minutes
11.00 solids
12.00-2.00 nap for 2 hours
3.00 solids/fruits
5.00 30 minutes Nap
6.30 bottle
7.00 bottle and bed
11.00 DF

I also tried for about 2 weeks to extend the bedtime to 9.00 slowly. But it doesn´t change the 5.00 am wake up.

HELP  :'( :-* :-*

Thx for every reply!

XXX
Tessy
Petra & Jamie Conner

Sorry for my english ... still learning !

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Anthea01Charlie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Who's a little nudie?
Re: Wake to Sleep ... Cheer me up please!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 06:59:31 am »
Hi Tessy,
Just wanted to sympathise with you, my LO sometimes wakes at 5am.  Sometimes she calls out cause she needs her nappy changed, which I do with no eye contact and no talking.  I then re-wrap her and put her back to bed.  This normally gets her through till 7am when she gets up.  Other times she babbles in her cot and cat naps until 7am.
HTH
Anthea
~Anthea~
Mum to Charlie born 05/07/2006

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Wake to Sleep ... Cheer me up please!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 18:00:24 pm »
Tessy, I would suggest trying again to drop the DF. Tracy suggested eliminating it by 7.5 months because around that time it will interfere with LO's sleep cycles and cause problems. I suspect that might be happening. If you wean the DF and do W2S I think you'll see a lot of improvement. It takes a bit of time like any change does, but hang in there!

And congratulations on your pregnancy!  8)
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o