Author Topic: 6 mth advice  (Read 2460 times)

shimzy

6 mth advice
« on: January 30, 2007, 15:49:37 pm »
How old is your child? 6 MONTHS
What’s his/her daily routine? 7AM WAKE, 8AM CEREAL, 9AM NAP (VARIES FROM 40 MINS TO 2 HOURS), 11AM BOTTLE, 1-2PM NAP, 3PM BOTTLE, 6PM BATH, 6:30 BEDTIME (BECAUSE OF DROPPED CAT NAP NEEDS EARLIER BED TIME)

What’s nap routine? SEE ABOVE

How long are naps? LATELY ITS BEEN 40 MINS - 1.5 HOURS. SHE WONT NAP ANY LONGER THAN 2.5 HOURS IN THE DAY NO MATTER WHAT ORDER I PUT THEM IN

What's bedtime routine? Time? BATH, MASSAGE, BOTTLE, SWADDLE, SOOTHER, BED 6:30PM SLEEPING BY

Do you bottle or breastfed?? BOTTLE FEED

How much? or how long? 4 BOTTLES (LATELY ITS BEEN 1 AROUND 3AM TOO)

How many wakes per night? NO WAKE UPS UNTIL 2AM AND THEN SHE'S UP FOR 45 MINS)

What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? CRANKING WHICH TURNS INTO CRYING IF I DONT GET UP WITH HER

When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry? FUSSING WHICH TURNS TO CRYING

What have you tried to settle?? GIVE SOOTHER BACK

What do you do for A time and how long is it? 2.5 TO 3.5 HOURS

Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? I DONT KNOW. SHE LOOKS LIKE A WALKING MOTRIN BOTTLE LATELY. TOP TWO TEETH ARE READY TO POP.

Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months) YES ONCE IN THE MORNING JUST STARTED A FEW DAYS AGO

Do they have a prop? If so what is it? YES SOOTHER AND SWADDLE .IVE BEEN TRYING TO BREAK OF THE SWADDLE BUT I DONT THINK SHE'S DOING SO WELL

Do they have a lovie? NO
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 15:51:30 pm by shimzy »

Offline AnnaBenwell

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 13
Re: 6 mth advice
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 16:55:09 pm »
Just wanted to say hi, Your DD Is so cute! Just not in the middle of the night. How do you get her back to sleep Feed her?

Anna
Mum 2 three Boys Jack, Sam and Harry

Offline momofclaire

• Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 17:09:57 pm »
It seems as if your lo has short (only 2 hours) of A time in the morning but then 4 hours of A time after her second nap.  If her first nap is 40 min then she is getting about 4 hours A time there also. Am I reading that right.
Have you tried extending A time in the morning and pushing things back a little?  Maybe put her down for nap 1 at 9:30.  She may be over tired which is causing her to wake at night.

It could also be the cereal some babies have a hard time with that at first.
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]

shimzy

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 18:28:16 pm »
Hi ladies thanks for responding  :)

The last few nights I have had to feed her and she takes like 9 oz. I only make a 4oz  bottle but end up having to make another one.. which she drains as well.

I suppose it could be chalked up to a growth spurt. I seem to remember someone else suggesting to put her down for her first nap at 9:30  ???

For instance, today I put her down for her nap at 9:15.  She slept until 10:15 where she refused to go back to sleep no matter what I did. So I pulled her out of bed. I will be laying her down for sleep just before 1pm. So thats about 2hrs 45 mins midday.  I'm hoping that she sleeps as close to 3 as possible so that she can be in bed for 6:30.  I cannot give this girl a cat nap, otherwise she won't go to bed on time and gets up every hour on the hour laughing her butt off.

Offline momofclaire

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 18:40:53 pm »
Well at least she wakes up laughing!!!

shimzy

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 18:47:26 pm »
its not funny when its 3 am  >:(

;)

shimzy

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 19:54:46 pm »
Well I just dont get it. I laid her down for her nap at 1pm. SHe went straight to sleep. She slept for just about quarter to 2 (she had 2hrs 45 mins awake previous) and woke happy as a lark! She's playing on the floor with her brother right now.

:'(

Just makes a person want to give up and let her sleep just wherever she is. I'm so tired of getting her awake times right, it never gets right and her schedule is all over the map. Nothing ever works for longer than 3 or so days and then its back to square one  ::)

shimzy

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 20:09:29 pm »
Is learning to laugh and play with her brother a milestone?

She is playing with him right now and laughing so hard she is belly laughing!!

I'm laughing through my tired tears  >:(  :'( :)

She is laughing so hard she has to catch her breath.

Is that a milestone?

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 21:49:51 pm »
Absolutely! Laughing is definitely a milestone. DS used to wake at night laughing too when he first got the hang of it. It's cute the first time and then after that it gets old.  ::)
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

shimzy

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 21:58:32 pm »
Im so so so frustrated. She wont go down to naps now.When I lay her down to nap she cries when I leave. She is soo soo soo over tired I dont even know where to start.

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 22:10:51 pm »
Does she have anything medical going on? How about gas?
Jessica

shimzy

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 22:15:39 pm »
I really dont know. We started solids 2 days ago for breakfast and lunch. SHe loves them so much she eats about 2-3 tablespoons for each 'breakfast & lunch'. And this is her first time at solids. So she is eating well. Taking 4 bottles a day at 6-8oz per bottle.  She is 'talking' alot these last couple of days. Not sure if thats it. She's been trying to sit on her knees trying to get in the position to crawl but thats not going anywhere so I'm sure thats not it. We just finished the 6 month growth spurt. Her top two teeth are trying to pop through. I've been away a lot working in the evenings so I haven't been around in the early evening to put her to bed like I have since birth but my husband has been doing everything I asked him to do (in his own way) but in the same routine that I've set for her. Thats been going on the last 2 weeks or so.  I'm overly tired during the day so I guess I haven't been 'myself' lately. I've been really snappy to my 6 year old. We were in a car accident a week ago so we haven't had a vehicle to get anywhere and I've been having to walk everywhere with her when we usually take the car.

Maybe thats all it. I don't know. What do you think?

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 23:16:20 pm »
Solids can disturb sleep at first since it's something totally foreign and more complex to a "virgin" digestive system. It might help to do just one solid meal for breakfast for now, and then in a month or so re-introduce the lunch meal. It might be that she's having some tummy upset and gas.

The change in routine might be throwing her off a little too  - meaning DH putting her to bed rather than you. If she's sensitive to her routine and any changes that might be a big deal to her. The teeth too of course are probably bothering her.

I'm sorry to hear about the car accident! I hope everyone is alright. Your stress from that and not feeling like yourself might be affecting her too. LOs are very sensitive to our vibes and emotions.
Jessica

Offline momofclaire

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 23:18:38 pm »
Sorry I was joking about her laughing.  :( I know you are frustrated. 
It could be the solids or the milestones.  Has this been going on more than a few days?

shimzy

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 00:16:56 am »
Thank you for the words ladies  :)

With Madison it weens and it wanes. She will have 3 or 4 really great nap days and then 2 or 3 really bad nap days. This has been going on for the last month or so...Her nights do the same thing. There is no consistency with her.  I will try to strap down for the next two weeks and do exactly what I need her to do for those times and not wane at all myself. Perhaps that way I will stabilize some consistency in her day and get things back on track.

Thanks again ladies.

Lisa