Author Topic: 6 mth advice  (Read 2463 times)

Offline momofclaire

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
Re: 6 mth advice
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 01:09:31 am »
Good luck Lisa let us know how it goes.
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 01:49:41 am »
Shimzy - I feel for you as Jasmine was the same. Totally inconsistent and we had nightwakings of up to every 3 hrs at 6 months. Hers were more to do with hunger, i believe cause she was only taking a small amount during the day and making up for it at night.

I know you say she will not have a catnap but do you think maybe you should try to re-introduce it. Even though at 6 months some babies are ok with 2 naps, Isabella had hers until she was 9 months and Jasmine still takes hers. Maybe you should try to take a step back and give her less A time. So if she wakes, put her down for nap 1 at 9am (A time in the morning is usually shorter than other A times during the day). An hour nap is still a good nap, it doesn't have to go for 1.5-2 hrs. In fact, Isabella was always taking a short nap in the morning and was fine with that. Then try to bring her pm nap to 12.30pm & then a catnap around 4ish (no later than 5pm) and a bedtime around 7ish. Is this what her day used to look like before?

Just a thought
Layla

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

shimzy

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 03:50:32 am »
Yes her day USED to be
7am wake up
9am nap
10:30 wake up
12:45pm nap
2:15ish wake up
4:50ish cat nap until 5:20-5:30 and then bed at 7

Then I changed things because she was having short naps for up to 2 wks. It helped for awhile and then went array

Offline Layla

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 04:35:37 am »
Honestly, I think maybe you should try to get back to that schedule. What's a short nap? Was it an hour short or shorter. Jasmines naps went funny at 7 months, she was taking a long am nap but her afternoon nap all of a sudden went short to 45 mins. She'd wake up cranky so I knew she needed a longer nap. It was suggested to me to drop the catnap, which I attempted BUT s**t hit the fan and she was an even worse sleeper (at night especially). I then attempted w2s for her afternoon nap, kept the catnap and she went back to sleeping better at night. I don't think its always about having a certain amount of A time, I think some can handle it and some can't. Jasmine's A times are surprisingly 3hrs in the morning and only 2.5 in the afternoon and before the catnap its back to 3 again. Even with the catnap ending at 5:45, she'll go down for the night at 6.30pm and will wake anywhere from 6-6.30pm. Her morning and afternoon nap can range anywhere from 1hr-1.5hrs.

Layla

shimzy

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 13:04:02 pm »
Regularly her naps last 1.5 hours. Sometimes they will be 1.75 to 2 hours but that is just sometimes.

So it wasn't a huge decrease in nap time from 1.5 hours to just 1 hour but in the course of the day thats 1 hour of lost sleep (.5 times two).

I tried to offer her a cat nap last night but she would have nothing to do with it. She slept from 6:30 - 2am. I went off to make her a bottle and came back and she was sleeping again (I obviously misread that cue) and she woke again at 6am and wouldnt go back to sleep. So I brought her into bed with us becuase she was getting upset and she just laid there and stared at the ceiling until 645am.

Today I am going to try this routine as I know she can handle a longer A time in the morning so something like this; Let me know what you think:

7am - Bottle
8am - solids
9.30am - Sleep (aiming for 1.5 hrs)
1pm - Bottle
2pm - Sleep aiming for 1.5hrs
6pm - Bath
6.30pm - Bottle
7pm – Sleep

She does really well with 3 hours to 3.5 hours awake time before bed. Anything other than that and she wakes continually until 10pm (starting at about 8pm). She is usually in bed by 6:30pm these days and if cat napped starts waking at about 8pm. When I dropped the cat nap there was no wake ups and continues to be no wake ups until around 2 or 3 am which is when things went haywire. Except last night...

???

Offline Layla

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 19:46:41 pm »
Maybe her body is adgusting then to the longer A times & her new routine. Sounds like she did really well last night!!! ;D

Your routine sounds great! See how today goes & let me know.

Good luck!  :-*

shimzy

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2007, 21:36:39 pm »
Well today was just a gem of a day.

She woke at 6:45 ( a little earlier than usually but oh well!).  I put her down for a nap at 9:15 (so at the 2.5 hr mark) and she napped until 11:05am.

I then laid her down for her second nap at 1:45pm as she was yawning profusely. She napped until 3:30  :o

That is two naps of 1hr 45 mins! Yay Madison!! lol.

She comes and goes with days like these. I am guessing now that 6 months is coming and going that she will get used to this routine and things wont change up much until closer to 8 months. Am I wishing on a star? lol... my son did this too and things worked out. Here's hoping she got some of those genes!

Offline Layla

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 05:59:59 am »
How did today go?

shimzy

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2007, 13:51:18 pm »
Well feb 1st was very much the same great day. I laid her down about 9:20 for her morning nap. She slept until 11am. Again for the afternoon I laid her down at 1:35ish and she napped until 3:10. Was in bed for the night by 6:45 and she slept until 2:30 where i heard her chatting. I didn't respond though and she went back to bed until 7:10am. IT was a good day/night.

But as usual things don't always stay the same  ::) Her brother woke in the middle of the night last night puking everywhere. I'm hoping she doesn't get it but... I'm not getting my hopes up.  :-\

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2007, 16:33:11 pm »
Ew  :o  I'm sorry! It really is always something isn't it?
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

shimzy

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 18:34:40 pm »
Yah poor boy is crashed out in bed right now. Its noon and he doesn't want to eat. Thats ok though, I know he can eat when he wants  ;D

Madison and I caught up from the lost sleep taking care of pukey boy last night. I laid her down at 9:30 and we both slept until 11:30 lol...I forgot to set my alarm. I hope she naps this afternoon  :)

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2007, 18:38:30 pm »
Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do!  ;)
Jessica

shimzy

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2007, 18:40:24 pm »
That's right...she's such a muffin... She's been sneezing and rubbing her nose all morning so maybe she's getting a cold... *sigh* can't wait for spring to get here lol...

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2007, 18:40:59 pm »
Well the groundhog didn't see his shadow this morning so you might get your wish!  8)
Jessica