Author Topic: Need help with second birthday gift for ds  (Read 1126 times)

Wilsmon

Need help with second birthday gift for ds
« on: January 30, 2007, 18:23:51 pm »
I was going to get him a teeter totter but ds says since there is such a size difference between ds and dd (6 1/2 yrs) it won't work.  We live in the country and don't have many close neighbors with kids his size/age.  Also, because of living in the country we don't have a lot of sidewalk, mostly gravel and a lot of the ride on toys are hard to use.

I have thought about getting his "big boy bed" even though we won't switch him for hopefully another 6 months or so.  Plus I was kind of wanting that to be part of the big switch - having him help pick it out etc. but I guess he could just pick out the bedding.

He has so much because of his older sister (she was the first grandchild on my husbands side and got spoiled). 

I could find plenty of things to get just for the sake of getting but I was hoping to find something a little more worthwhile and that he would use.  His birthday is Feb. 12th.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Need help with second birthday gift for ds
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 18:47:20 pm »
How about a sandbox?  We got dd1 (who will be two in March) a sand/water table for Christmas and she LOVES it (even though we haven't even used the water part of it yet). 

http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1304&stp2ssid=745F54A6-1143-E489-2DE18BF65DB97EE0