Author Topic: newborn 2 week old trouble daytime nap  (Read 665 times)

Offline carlarosames

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 31, 2007, 14:31:31 pm »
hi,
i am very new to this board.  i have a2 week old.  she is sleeping very good at night  4 to 41/2 hours.  i am having trouble during the day for naps.  like this morning, she woke up at 6:40am to eat.  she took 3 oz.  i tried putting her down at 7:40am.  it is now 8:40am and she still won't go to sleep.  i have her swaddled and held her for a little bit, put her down awake and i stay in there a little while w/ hands on her while she is in the crib, shh, patting...it's like every 5 minutes she keeps waking up.  i know about the 10 minute deep sleep, but it's like every few minutes she moves and eyes open.  any advice will help.  maybe i waited too long to put her down.  but i feed her, have to change her, and then she finishes up the bottle.  my email carlarosames7@cox.net.  thanks.

Offline meltown

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
    • Living a Frugal Life
Re: newborn 2 week old trouble daytime nap
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 17:02:59 pm »
how are her other naps?  is this normal or just today?  I wouldn't worry to much, expecially if they are happy.  I would just try to get them to sleep.  and remember at 2 weeks there is no accidental parenting so even if your LO is sleeping in your arms it is ok, just keep trying to get her down to sleep.
Melissa
http://www.livingafrugallife.com - Frugal Living

mom to:
Braxton 09/06/2006
Reagan 03/27/2008
Kiley 09/27/2010
Quinn 02/10/2013
Madison 08/07/2021