Author Topic: almost 9 mo - begun screaming  (Read 757 times)

Offline babyre33

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Adalyn & Andrea
« on: February 01, 2007, 02:29:12 am »
My dd has been teething for several weeks.  Last week all 4 upper front teeth came through.  One tooth on the bottom next to the center 2 (already out) came through a few days ago, and I think another may be on the way.

She has begun shorter naps (1 hr.), is easily woken, and tonight she had the hardest time going to sleep.  It took 20 minutes for her to get to sleep, and then she woke crying after not even 30 min.  She went back to sleep this time on her own (it could've been crying in her sleep too).  Then after being asleep for an hr she awoke again, but didn't cry.  She was making weird sounds and then just talking to herself very quietly.  She was standing in her crib, and when we put her back down, she went right back to sleep very easily.  I thought it was very odd that she didn't cry, and went back to sleep so easily.  It reminded me of a sleep-walker (runs in the family).

This morning she woke at 4:30, again not crying, just rolling around in her crib.  She'd drift in and out of sleep for 15 min - 0.5 hr.  So today she only got 12 hrs sleep (naps were both about 1hr due to noise waking her).  So some of tonight's behavior may be overtired, but just very odd behavior for her.

*Development- she's been crawling for about a month, can pull herself up, take a few steps, feed herself, says a few words.

This was her schedule prior to today:
7:15 wake (she'd wake at 6:30 or so, then go back to sleep until 7:15)
10:00 nap (1hr -1hr 15 or a bit less)
2:15ish nap
7:00 bed
This would total about 14 hrs of sleep

When she's overtired she cries a lot a jolts awake.  So I'm not sure how much of this is overtired

WOW, very long! :o

Offline momofclaire

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
Re: almost 9 mo - begun screaming
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 17:56:18 pm »
Teething can certainly cause a child restless when it comes to bedtime.  Developmental things often cause a disturbance in night time sleep.  I would make sure she has plenty of time to practice her standing during the day so at night it is less of a novelty. :) 

My dd went through a time when I thought she was sleeping lighter than normal.  A fan in her room seemed to block some of the noise.  Hope that helps.
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]