Author Topic: Allergy Analysis.  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Alibobs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 91
Allergy Analysis.
« on: February 01, 2007, 18:52:25 pm »
My dd has suffered from excema since birth, particularly on her face and torso. From birth, we realised that we couldn't use any baby products on her skin and had to be really careful with detergents. Before christmas, we thought we had identified cows milk as a problem as the rash reduced when we stopped her from having it, but was still very noticable and changing. We went to a 'Dr & Herbs' for an allergy analysis, because I thought that we may have a place to start. I'm not sure whether I should trust them, and how much it is based on fact. I was hoping there would be one thing she was highly allergic to and we could start from there. Now the results have come back, it says that she isn't highly allergic to anything but has a medium reaction to a lot of things including all milk products, lactose, chicken, sesame seeds, hazelnuts, crisps, dill, thyme, soya sauce, oats, raspberry, grapefruit, pop and a few additives. It also has wierd ones like toothpaste and fluoride.

So, I guess what I'm asking is, does anyone know  if they are reliable? Do I really need to start eliminating these things?
Alison, mum to

Offline momofclaire

• Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
Re: Allergy Analysis.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 19:50:12 pm »
What does you ped say?  DH had allergies as a kid and had those tests done.  They tell you that your are allergic to so many things.  Some of them he had little to no reaction to and others he would have severe reactions.  I would talk to you ped about it.
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]

Offline mamamarce

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 20:05:59 pm »
Are you breastfeeding him? And if so, have you eliminated milk products from your diet? My baby had eczema to and we changed ho to a soy based formula but I also had to eliminate all milk products …Ask your pediatrician, our baby even slept trough the night after the eczema disappeared.

Offline Alibobs

• Showing Appreciation 91
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 10:39:39 am »
The doctor just prescribes steroid cream and isn't interested in why its there. I think it's pretty hard to get proper allergy testing here from what I've heard. We have eliminated milk but dd will be devasted if she can't have cheese and yoghurt as these are her two favourite things! I just wondered if anyone knew how accurate the chinese medicine testing was before we carry on.
Alison, mum to

Offline momofclaire

• Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 12:54:55 pm »
I am unsure about that. I do know that they make milk free cheese made with soy products. It's not as good but tastes like cheese. 
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 16:14:37 pm »
Yes, soy yogurt and cheese aren't bad at all!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01