Author Topic: New to site  (Read 898 times)

Offline Tangyva

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 01, 2007, 20:48:59 pm »
Hi, I am new to the site and was not sure where, I should post my questions, they seem to overlap with breastfeeding and sleeping issues.  I have a 9 1/2 month old who falls into the spirited type.  He is on the go from the moment he wakes up.  We have EBF (Breastfeed only, no bottels) I breastfeed to sleep usually, and  put him down to sleep in his crib.  The problem is that he wakes every few hours, right now the longest sleep time is about 4 at night but mostly it is around 2-3 1/2 between wakings.  We have gotten in the habit of sleeping on the couch, with me holding him.  We are slowly working on that one, and was wondering if I start the PU/PD, can I still BF at night or should I cut that out also. I don't mind one or even two feedings at night it is the rest of the waking up.  I should mention that he is usually sitting up in his bed crying when I go in there.  Some times we can stick the passe back in his mouth and lay him back down, but sometimes he needs to be picked up.  He ALMOST always crys/sits up around 5:30ish in the morning and if I just lay him back down, he cries more.  If I lay on the couch he will sleep for an hour to an hour and half more.  When  he starts to wake up he does about 5  min of fussing rolling around, arching the back bottom in the air (all while he is being held/laying on my chest). Then he wakes and starts talking about 10 sec later and ready to go.  I guess I am going to have to do the lay back down in the crib part more and see with the feedings. 

I also was wondering where to best post and how to navigate the site. There seems to be so much info and I seem to get overwhelmed lost on the site.  I was not sure if he falls in the toddler or which area.  Thanks for the advice and direction

I also should say that we have(this week) started to  nap at a more regular time and that seems to be working out better.  He does not have a "set" schedule but he is going down for a nap/bedtime about 3-3 1/2 hours after waking.  We are taking cues from him.  We will see the eye rub/ear pull and go in to his room read one or two books, BF and hopefully he falls asleep and then put down in the crib.
As I am typing this I see MANY problems that we have created and need to work on...

Offline *Mona*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 144
Re: New to site
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 07:59:26 am »
hi and welcome :)

I can see you have some night waking/feeding issues there so hopefully introductions moderator will move your post where it belongs :)

re you question about where you shouold be looking for info- 9,5 months is still not a toddler, althou getting closer and closer to it! ;)

if yo would like to chat with other March/April 2006 moms, here's the link to our Birth Club:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=76998.3465

good luck and hope to see you there!
Monika [and 9 months 1 week old Maja :) ]
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)

Offline Poppy & Lily

• Showing Appreciation 79
  • UK
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 08:13:31 am »
Hello and welcome to the site :) :)

I'm just going to move this over to the nightwaking forum as you will get more responses there, Hope you don't mind :)

I would also have a look at the breatfeeding forum, as you may find the answears you need there.

:)
Poppy-lilys mum

http://b1.lilypie.com/rkqp0/.png[/img][/url]

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 17:22:46 pm »
My goodness, you do have a lot going on. Are you on EASY? What is your routine (as opposed to schedule)?

Personally, I think the first thing that you should work on is the feeding to sleep. I don't think that your LO is able to sleep independently at all since you feed to sleep and are then holding and co-sleeping with him. Ideally you want him to be able to go down in his own crib awake and then put himself to sleep with no help from you. That's where PU/PD comes in handy.

When that is established and he's sleeping more independently, then is the time to eliminate night feeds. At his age it's uncommon for him to need even one night feed although there are a few LOs here and there that truly need one. Those feeds are probably affecting his daytime intake and may be messing up his sleep cycles as well.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline M and N's Mom

• Sari - Mom to 2 Spirited Kids!
  • Showing Appreciation 62
  • They're growing up so fast!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 18:23:41 pm »
Hi and Welcome  :)

Your situation sounds VERY similar to Springbaby's DS.  I have attached the link to the discussion I have had with her over the past month as it might give you some ideas.  Have a look and see if it looks like you want to give things a try!

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=82413.0