Author Topic: My Gym  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Karin3

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
My Gym
« on: February 01, 2007, 21:11:32 pm »
I don't know if this the right place but I'm thinking about signing up Mimi & I for one of their classes.  I did some research on their website and their philosophy is appealing to me (having fun, socializing, no pressure, non-competitive.)  http://www.my-gym.com/  I just called and left a msg and I'm going to see if Mimi & I can sit in on one of their classes.  I haven't had Mimi in any classes or play groups before so I'm a little nervous...  ::)

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this gym, and if so, how was it?
Karin
Stepmom to Caroline, 10 years old

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: My Gym
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 01:30:30 am »
We've been going to My Gym since September (started on dd2's 1st bday).  She LOVES it.  She does the warm up at home and makes me sing the goodbye song ALL THE TIME!

They offer a free trial class, so go and try it out!

The only drawback is the expense.... but I know I can't offer the stimulation and that type of environment for her here at home... she's a climber.  We also do storytime and she loves that too, but this is another outlet for her.  The nice thing is the Free Play is also included, so she gets to go for another hour per week.

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

tstasko

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 01:40:10 am »
LOVE IT!

We used to go to Gymboree which I thought was ok.  My Gym is great.  The instructors are great, the atmosphere is great.... Scarlett just loves it.  DH and I love it and she is being exposed to all sorts of stuff.  She now does front and back sommersaults and learned a handstand last week (w/us supporting her of course).  I really like how they don't have the whole class structured out.  There is a period where they have different stations set up and your LO can try them all out, or stick to one, whatever.  It's really a lot of fun.  Our favorite is the baby zip line, omg, that's hysterical.  Some lo's don't care for it - my DD you can't take her off it.  ;D

Defiinitely try the free trial class.  We went to a b-day party there and were so impressed we signed up the following week.  DD has been going for 4 weeks now.  I plan to have her in it for a while.

Have fun!

Offline Karin3

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 01:47:23 am »
They called me back and I'm going to go to the free trial next wk.  They didn't have any kids signed up for the Tiny Tykes at the only time we can make it.  They said the older kids' class, Waddlers, is the same program except most of the kids are walking.  So, I'm going to a Waddlers class but Mimi isn't even crawling...  But, I'll go check it out.  It can't hurt and it's only about 10 mins from my house.  Yeah, the expense is a draw back but it's not too bad...

A baby zip line!  ;D  That's awesome!
Karin

Offline RachelC

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 01:51:17 am »
At ours, they have combined the tiny tykes and waddlers class at the time we go.  Works fine.  Jalyn wasn't mobile when we started.

Offline Karin3

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 21:59:18 pm »
I'll let you know how it goes on Monday.  I'm really looking forward to it.  :)
Karin

tstasko

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 23:07:40 pm »
Have fun!

Oh, and in our waddlers class we have a couple of crawlers too.  They all have fun together...! ;D

Offline Karin3

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 16:37:51 pm »
We went to the Waddlers class this morning.  It was so awesome!  Mimi really enjoyed it.  I got a little nervous when they started playing really loud active music (oldies and kids' music).  Mimi still doesn't like loud noises.  She likes music but I always play classical or folk music softly in the background.  She was a little startled at first and kept looking at the speakers.  But, she saw the 2 toddlers in the class dancing, and she thought they were pretty funny so she started dancing too.  ;D  There's only 2 other LOs, but honestly, I think that's perfect for Mimi.  I think she would be overwhelmed if it was a really big class.

I couldn't believe Mimi was flirting with this one little boy!  :o lol  ;D  I put her in a little donut, and she was standing there kind of bouncing.  He came in and got in as well.  He kept looking at me and then he walked over to Mimi.  She smiled all big at him, and then tried to kiss him.  ::)  Wait until I tell dh! hahahaha  ;D

They brought out some swings that she enjoyed.  Then, they set up these matts with a little tunnel type thing.  The matts were at an incline, so they pulled the LOs through on their tummy while on a parachute and it was like they were going down a little slide.  Mimi got such a big kick out of that!  She really liked the puppets and the goodbye song at the end.  She was so tired after the class.  I'm glad we're doing this in the morning.  I think it would be way too much in the afternoon.

We signed up for the class and we are now members.  So, I'm glad we went!  I will definitely recommend My Gym to anybody who asks!

Karin

Offline RachelC

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 16:50:37 pm »
 ;D  We've done the parachute thing in our class too!  So glad you had a great time