Author Topic: Tired of playing the paci game all through the night! HELP!  (Read 924 times)

Offline mommy2two

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Tired of playing the paci game all through the night! HELP!
« on: February 01, 2007, 22:12:23 pm »
dd is 10.5weeks old. She eats every 2.5-3hrs during the day. She is a big girl (over 13lbs). Her is our routine for the past few days (it does change by up to an hour depending on if she wakes up early for the day. I can't really post her nap schedule as I have a 2 yr old too and honestly have been so overwhelmed that I have not written her sleep pattern down. She sometimes takes a 45 minute nap and sometimes 2 hrs. If she took a 45 min nap, then she usually goes to sleep very soon after the next E time.

Here is her E schedule give or take 30 minutes for the past few days.
between 6:30 and 7am
9:30am
12pm
3pm
5pm
7pm
10:30pm DF

1:30am- wakes up like clockwork, so I try to give the paci assuming it is habitual waking. She takes it but is up an hour later. My goal is to get her to wait until 3:30am to eat hoping she will then sleep until 6:30am or 7am so that she will only be eating one time at night. However, she is up every hr until I feed her. Last night I fed her at 2:30am but she was up again at 4:15am and took the paci but was up again at 5:15am so I fed her at 5:15am.

As a result, when she woke up for the day at 6:45am, it was too soon to eat again, so she had some A time and I fed her at 7:30am. Should I just feed her when she wakes up rather then try the paci. I am gettig so exausted playing the paci game!

Offline melaniestarr

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Tired of playing the paci game all through the night! HELP!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 03:04:30 am »
the other day i found an interview on here with Tracy Hogg and it kinda touched on what you are talking about
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=451.0
it is a lot to read i printed it... its about 29 pages and in it she talked about resetting her clock and other things
puraps you can get something out of it???

Offline *Mona*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 144
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 09:59:08 am »
hi I will move your post to night wakings, I hope great ladies over there will help you more than I would  :-*
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)

Offline M and N's Mom

• Sari - Mom to 2 Spirited Kids!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 62
  • They're growing up so fast!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 15:03:22 pm »
1:30am- wakes up like clockwork, so I try to give the paci assuming it is habitual waking. She takes it but is up an hour later.

I'm wondering 2 things: 

Have you tried wake to sleep if she wakes at 1:30 every night?  If it is habitual that might help.

Also, do you think she is paci dependent?  Have you thought of getting rid of the paci?  Does she ever fall asleep independently (without paci or any help)?