Author Topic: Kindermusik  (Read 1274 times)

Offline MomofLuka

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Kindermusik
« on: February 03, 2007, 09:13:21 am »
We just went to our first Kindermusick "My Time" music lesson last week. Luka seemed to enjoy it and she was singing some of the songs the next day. Has anybody else had experiences with kindermusik as an activity for the 2.5 year-old set? How did you/your lo like it? I'm thinking we might sign up for the summer camp too if this works out.

tstasko

Re: Kindermusik
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 14:08:54 pm »
We went to Kindermusik for the younger kids and dd loved it.  Unfortunately the classes were too far out and just didn't work out well w/her routine.  But I constantly look for other ones as it's a remarkable environment.

Offline **Clare**

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 134
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 14:17:26 pm »
We have this in the nursery next door to the children's centre where I work, they have a lady come in to the 3-5's room and they love it!! Ive heard great things about it from the nursery staff!! Glad Luka enjoyed it!!

Offline janelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 22:51:13 pm »
We did Kindermusik from when Liana was 18 months until 3.  She loved it and i must admit I was a bit sad when we stopped going but it was soooo expensive!!
Liana (6)- 9th January  2004
Liam (4) - 8th March 2006
and my beautiful new bub!

Offline MomofLuka

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 08:05:41 am »
Really! The cost of the one we are going to breaks down to about $10 a lesson, so I was very pleased with the price. It goes on for 15 weeks.
They do really push the materials but we have a lot of instrument-like toys at home already, so I thought we'd pass on those.
She doesn't seem much interested in the "required" musical instrument (they call them fiddlesticks) but I had a fun time playing with them the other night.  :)
She just loves the singing though, and wanted to do two of the dances with her toys and read the book again and again.
It is very structured, which is probably good, but I tend to want them to have some crazy free time for the kids to run and play together. That's my one critique, the parents kind of cling to their own kids and don't interact as much as I had hoped they would. Maybe they'll loosen up as time goes on, though.
I guess I thought it would be like a Rainbow Gathering for kids or something. Silly mommy!  ;D