Author Topic: Habitual Wakings  (Read 2007 times)

Offline babynat

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 20:41:40 pm »
To tell you the truth, when she wakes around 1 or 2 a.m., I give her a pacifier and she goes right back to sleep.  I think it is habitual.  She then wakes up about 3 am and I do feed her then.  So, all in all, for the evenings, she nurses at 5:30 p.m., 7 p.m., bottle of 4 oz. at 10-10:30 p.m. and then nurse her around 3 a.m. when she wakes up.  If I feed her at 1-2 am, she still wakes up at 3 a.m. to nurse.  I would be nursing her 2 times a night, along with a dreamfeed.  I know the paci is probably a prop right now, but she doesn't wake all night long to have it (Yet) and I am just trying to deal with each little issue as I can.  I just recently have been able to lengthen her 45 min. naps.  Sometimes she can do it on her own, sometimes I have to assist. 

I've been considering W2S for the 1 or 2 am waking.  I'm just not confident enough yet.  I don't know how much to stir her.  I tried it once and woke her up and I've been to afraid to try it again.

Offline momofclaire

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
Re: Habitual Wakings
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 20:52:34 pm »
It sounds like w2s might be your best option.  You just stir her enough so that she moves a little or her breathing changes and then leave.  It may take 3-5 nights for the habit to be broken.  If you wake her fully then use shh/pat to get her back to sleep.
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]