Author Topic: Bad dreams or Separation Anxiety?  (Read 801 times)

Offline georgyporgysmum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • George the Porge & Amelia Rose
Bad dreams or Separation Anxiety?
« on: February 14, 2007, 21:36:18 pm »
Hi 

My beloved 7.5 month DS has great night sleep now we are officially 'propless'  :) (since weaning paci and swaddle and alot of hard BW work-spirited) and has been sleeping through 11 hours for about 2 months -its bliss. Normally these days if he wakes in the night he either plays for a bit and goes back to sleep or may do a brief 'sleepy' cry and resettle himself.

Anyway the last few nights he has had a strange pattern. He has woken once or even 3-4 times in the evening part of the night and not resettled himself. Last night he woke at midnight suddenly with a really loud scared sounding cry that made me and DH run to his room, I also wondered if he was in pain but he settles within a few moments of either repositioning him or a very quick shh/pat.

I'm wondering if he could be having bad dreams at this age or could it be SA manifesting at night? The scared kind of cry we've never heard before. In the day he's a little bit more whiny when we leave the room on and off.

Could SA cause problems in their light sleep cycle when they would normally happily resettle, they panic that you're not there?is that how it works? i ust thought SA would cause problems GOING to sleep, not causing wakings.

tia

Caroline  ;D
Caroline - mum to George & Amelia Rose

Offline calgarymommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 21:43:37 pm »
No expert here- but could he be getting teeth?

Offline georgyporgysmum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • George the Porge & Amelia Rose
Re: Bad dreams or Separation Anxiety?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 21:46:46 pm »
HI Michelle

I just posted on your post!

He could be, he got his bottom teeth in early december. But he didn't really have a bad time with those just a bit more irritable generally.
Caroline - mum to George & Amelia Rose

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Bad dreams or Separation Anxiety?
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 23:29:27 pm »
I was thinking teeth too - that sort of thing often happens before teeth appear.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o