Author Topic: Short play time???  (Read 1036 times)

Offline VeroniqueD

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Short play time???
« on: February 15, 2007, 17:55:23 pm »
My dd has been wonderful, she sleeps well and eats well (this took alot of hard work - she is spirited baby!!). LOL
However it seems like she gets frustrated with play time very easily. LO is five months and whenever we sit and play with a toy or read a book, she can only look at it for a few minutes before deciding she wants it gone from in front of her. I did get her use to face to face time (im the toy) with me and when we are not doing that she is sitting in her bouncy or swing or something that involves her being on her own for a good 15 or 20 minutes. Has anyone ever experienced this? I figure that if i sit and read or sit her on my lap with a toy, enough times she will eventually want to do that- Is that the case? Some days i think she's teething, yesterday i thought for sure she is because she was whining all day but today she seems to be in better spirits.

Thanks

Veronica

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Short play time???
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 00:07:27 am »
She could be overstimulated by something so close to her face (like a book - they have a lot going on!) or she could be frustrated b/c she wants to hold it herself and do things with it and she can't just quite yet.  Reading is tough, I think my dd was close to a year before we had any luck with it.  She could just want to start moving around and is frustrated because she can't -- it's hard to know with that age.  I think you should just keep doing what you're doing - try it out and if she gets frustrated stop and move on to something else.  Sitting in a swing/bouncy and looking at everything that is going on is quite a lot to keep a LO occupied at this age, so no problems with that. :)

Offline VeroniqueD

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Short play time???
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 02:21:49 am »
Ok, i will just keep doing what I'm doing. I think you might be right about the trying to do things herself but can't - will keep it up. Thanks!