Author Topic: Been holding baby for naps...  (Read 2142 times)

Offline pink shoes

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 17, 2007, 15:48:36 pm »
I have been holding my 7 1/2 month old baby for naps since she was about 2 months old. I started doing this because she would cry as soon as i laid her down. She also has reflux which was part of the problem. So, i would like to be able to put her in her crib for naps because i don't want to be holding a 1 year old, LOL.

I give her a pacifier, rock her to sleep while singing to her for her naps then hold her the entire nap. I thought maybe the PU/PD method would work best for her? If anyone has any suggestions on how i can get her into her crib for naps i would greatly appreciate it.

(She sleeps fine at night...i can nurse/rock her to sleep then lay her down in her crib with no problem. She will then sleep for nearly the entire night without waking.)

Thanks,
Lisa

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
Re: Been holding baby for naps...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 17:47:47 pm »
I did this for DS till he was 9 months old.  Then I did walk in/walk out because he was way to mobile to do pu/pd.

How mobile is you 7 month old? 
Judy

Offline pink shoes

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 18:43:06 pm »
HI, thanks for responding. She's pretty mobile. She can sit up and crawl well but not stand yet. She weighs about 16.5 pounds so it wouldn't be easy to keep PU/PD i'm thinking. She's a reluctant napper and always has been. It usually takes me about 30 minutes of soothing before she goes to sleep. She was doing well and sleeping for nearly 2 hours but lately she's only been sleeping for 30 minutes. I think i was trying to get her to sleep when she wasn't ready and have been thinking of extending her awake time to 3 hours to see if she will tire herself out more. Maybe that would help too.

Could you explain more about walk in/walk out? I'm new to BW so any advice would be welcome.

ETA:  I tried PU/PD this afternoon and i don't think it will work. She doesn't cry when i put her down, she just looks around and tries to play. So maybe WI/WO would be better?)

Thanks,
Lisa
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 19:11:02 pm by pink shoes »

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
Re: Been holding baby for naps...
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 19:31:23 pm »
Could you post her typical daily routine?

Then we can help you more.  But I am thinking if she does not fuss when you put her down, you should leave her to fall asleep??

Judy