Author Topic: How allergenic are pistachios?  (Read 1061 times)

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
How allergenic are pistachios?
« on: February 18, 2007, 01:27:54 am »
Hubby was eating pistachio gelato tonight and shared it with Charlotte.  Ooops!!  After several bites we both realized what he was doing.  We we told to avoid nuts until she is 5 d/t my asthma.  Oddly, that is the only allergenic food we have been told to avoid.  Anywho, how likely are we to have caused a problem tonight?  She probably got about 2-3 ounces of the stuff. 
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: How allergenic are pistachios?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 01:48:17 am »
Hmmm. Well pistachios are a tree nut so really just as allergic as walnuts, almonds, cashews, etc. However, if she didn't have a reaction to it I wouldn't worry. I'd probably hold off on offering it again and discuss with the doctor but I don't think you caused a problem. Hugs to you and the Mouse!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: How allergenic are pistachios?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 21:25:50 pm »
Thanks ladies!!!!!!!!  Stace, that's my plan for peanut butter in a few years.  On a happy note, she had her first real ice cream yesterday.  No problems!   8)
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.