Author Topic: Help with 3 1/2 week old restless mornings  (Read 734 times)

Offline candcmcd

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Help with 3 1/2 week old restless mornings
« on: February 18, 2007, 09:23:49 am »
I am new to these boards and I have gotten tons of helpful info from others posts.  I am hoping someone can help me with my dd.  She is almost 4 weeks old and has been on a good EASY schedule the last week.  The schedule has gone very well and our house is peaceful!  Here is a sample of our day...
E-6:30
A-7:00-7:30 (usually start wind-down at 7:30 and she is asleep by 8:00)
S-8:00-9:30
And the day continues just like that through the evening hours.  She is doing great at putting herself to sleep also.
The problem is that she is VERY sleepy in the evenings (6:30 p.m. and on).  She goes to bed without a fight somewhere between 7:30 and 8:30 (still not real consistent).  But she is very restless from 3:00 am to 6:00 am.  At first I thought she was not sleeping because she was making so many noises.  I figured out she is sleeping it is just very loud and restless.  Then she has woken completely up the last few nights at 5:00 - not hungry, just awake and unhappy.
So, is she overtired?  Not tired enough?  Too much daytime sleep?  (around 6 hours)  Should I just let it go since she is so young and her sleep patterns will probably change anyways?  Should I try to settle her at
5:00 and see if she will sleep a little longer?  Not sure how to help her!!
Carole

Offline momofclaire

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
Re: Help with 3 1/2 week old restless mornings
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 14:36:37 pm »
At this age it's great that you are on somewhat of a sch.  She should be getting 18-20 hours of sleep per 24 hour period.
Have a look at this link.
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=85130.0

It looks like you are doing a great job.  Do you think you would want to try a DF?  A df would be a feed in the babies sleep at about 10:00. 
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]

Offline candcmcd

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 15:27:34 pm »
Thanks so much for the reply.  I tried the df last night and she only took about an ounce of breastmilk from a bottle.  I know that it is supposed to take a while for the df to start working so I will probably keep trying.
So should her naps be longer during the day then?  I guess I feel like I hardly see her as it is!!

Offline momofclaire

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 16:03:45 pm »
In the first few weeks they just sleep eat and mess their diapers!  :)  She should be napping 1-2 hours every three hours I think.  I think her sch is great really.  You are on your way to a good easy sch in my opinion.  If you want to do a df then just keep it up. It should fall into place.  The first three months their sch just keeps changing. You should notice in the next couple of weeks she will be awake for longe periods of time. You are off to a great start.  I would cuddle her as much as possible now. Mine is 14 mo and she never sits still anymore and certainly not long enough for a good cuddle   :(
Good luck. Let me know if you have other questions.
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]