Author Topic: What happened??? Small update  (Read 2889 times)

Offline aisling

• Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 494
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 14:24:44 pm »
Hi YaYa,

Glad you figured out the milk allergy earlier than later.

Have you tired using a "key phrase" over an over with T?  Since they are at the age where they are understanding more (everything it seems ::)) it could be really useful.  I started with Nello by saying this every night.  "Ok sweetie, lay down, here's your bankie, here's your bear, here's your teet teet, sleepy time, I GO....and I COME BACK....Mummy GO...she come back....love you, nite nite.. see you tomorrow."

We play during the day with a blanket where we hide on each other, he is really into hiding on me lately and gets so excited when I go searching for him, so I started hiding on him under the blanket or his room and then when he comes and gets me I say:  "Wehey, you found me... I go...but I came back!"   

Now at night when I leave his room after my little piece, he settles really well. The nights when he is squirming all around and fooling around a bit, when he shouts out to me, I just go to the door and say, LAY DOWN, good boy, nite, nite, I love you, I go, I come back, Sleepy time..."  and I repeat that as often as needed.  Sometimes now when I go walking down the hall, I am just about to get the words LAY DOWN out and he is already nose diving onto his pillow.  I did it for about a week straight to see any results.  HTH.

Aisling x :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 14:26:57 pm by aisling »

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
Re: What happened??? Small update
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 15:09:11 pm »
I put him down as soon as he stops hiccuping from the crying! So still awake and it then takes him about 10mins to fall asleep, whatcha think