Author Topic: Yellow poop in am green in pm  (Read 7245 times)

Offline Leah's mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Yellow poop in am green in pm
« on: March 06, 2007, 04:05:05 am »
My lo is 2 mos. She started having green poops a week ago- but they are yellow the first part of the day. She's single side bf for about 20-25 minutes every 2 1/2 hrs. I've been drinking soy milk for the past month and a 1/2 because cow milk was causing gas, could she have developed an allergy to the soy? I can't see it being a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance because I've always fed her the same way.  She's not in any discomfort and gaining weight at a fine rate. I couldn't find any postings about green poo and soy.
Thanks for any advice.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Yellow poop in am green in pm
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 17:23:05 pm »
I've always been told not to worry about the color of poop - only if there was blood or mucous in there to start being concerned. If she has no other symptoms I wouldn't worry. That said, many babies who have a dairy intolerance/reaction have one to soy as well.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline kim&savannah

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 17:28:00 pm »
You know, it could be an imbalance, just because many women have less milk/less rich milk later in the day.  So it may not be anything you could change, and not something to worry about, but could explain the different colors at diff. times of day.

~Kim
~Kim

Savannah,  6/04
Abraham,   11/06
Henry, 5/8/11

Offline mommy_to_2

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 05:24:34 am »
Green poop is an indicator that the baby is getting too much foremilk.  I think this is true for you as well.  Your lo is having yellow poops in the am because over night or in the previous pm she is getting more hindmilk.  In the mornings when you first nurse her your breasts are automatically fuller causing her to drink more foremilk.  This causes the green poops in the afternoon after she has processed this foremilk.
I had the same problem with my daughter at around the same age and was convinced she must have an infection.  My public health nurse reassured me about the foremilk/hindmilk imbalance.  It corrected itself on it's own.  I think my milk production balanced out as well.  In fact, not long after that we moved to the stage where she stopped having every day poops.  That was nice until we started solids.  I hope that this info reassures you.