Author Topic: 2 year old with multiple food allergies refusing to eat  (Read 11238 times)

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: 2 year old with multiple food allergies refusing to eat
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 10:37:58 am »
So I spoke to James's consultant today and told he had lost weight and was not eating anything apart from a couple of raisins and some neocate advance. He said that even though he had lost weight it was not that much and is going to get his dietician to send us an appt to see her so she can advise how to get extra calories into him. The thing is I know how to get extra calories into him if he would actually eat food I prepared for him. We have tried all sorts of things. I would be happy to let him eat pureed food if he would eat it because then at least then he would be getting a decent amount of food in him. I am so angry that he suggested just to see the dietician my poor little boy is hardly eating and he just does not seem to have taken this seriously. I know going from 12kg to 11.86 might not seem that much in 2 weeks but how much does he have to loose before he becomes concerned. The thing that has made me most angry is that he was always really good at seeing him when I rang and his eczema was bad so I guess I expected the same kind of treatment. Maybe its me worrying over something that is not that bad, but it really does not seem that way in my eyes. Any thoughts/info would be much appreciated as I really feel there is nothing else I can do now short of taking him to A&E but they will probabl;y think I am wasting their time and not take the situation seriously.

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 13:05:03 pm »
Where do you live? Did you post on that other forum? I'm so sorry this is happening...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 13:29:01 pm »
We live in the UK, so I guess its typical of the nhs really.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 13:30:16 pm »
I wish I were more familiar with the system there to help you. I'd definitely recommend posting on the other site and pushing for that biopsy though...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 13:47:19 pm »
Which site as a few have been mentioned and I am not thinking completely straight at the moment.